• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Ten Coasters

Update required...

• Nemesis, Alton Towers
  • Troy, Toverland
  • Wild Mouse, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
  • The Ultimate, Lightwater Valley
  • The Smiler, Alton Towers
  • Black Mamba, Phantasialand
  • Olympia Looping, Travelling
  • Winja's Fear, Phantasialand
  • Joris En De Draak (Fire), Efteling
  • Joris En De Draak (Water), Efteling

I usually class coasters such as Joris, Stampida, etc as one coaster rather than two.

If it were Grand National I'd agree as in it's mobius coaster and pretty much a carbon copy of its duelling counterpart. The other duelling coasters pretty much all offer different routes and experiences.

Joris for example has plenty of variation per side. Even stuff like Steeplechase I class as 3 as they are 3 separate tracks so 3 different coasters

It depends on what criteria you use to judge a coaster and decide its place in your top 10 to be fair.

For me it's about more than just the track. I take into account the theming, surrounding areas and queue line. And it's for that reason that I rate dueling coasters as one.

I know that coaster polls such as Mitch Hawker rate them as two but they seem to base it entirely on the track.

Of course it's up to you how you compile your top 10, mine would probably be slightly different if I classed duelling coasters as two.

1. Helix
  2. Troy
  3. Wodan
  4. Nemesis
  5. Baron 1898
  6. Joris En De Draak
  7. Balder
  8. Black Mamba
  9. Blue Fire
  10. The Smiler
Some of them are pretty tight and could change in time (Troy and Wodan, Black Mamba and Blue Fire). I will do a right up on my Liseberg trip soon as it was fantastic!

1. Nemesis
  2. The smiler
  3. The swarm
  4. Stealth
  5. Space mountain (dlp)
  6. Oblivion
  7. Saw
  8. Rock 'n' rollercoaster (dlp)
  9. Th13teen
  10. Galactica
I actually found that much more difficult than it should have been to order them. Probably change my mind in about 5 minutes anyway.

Might as well do mine.

1/ Helix
2/ Wodan
3/ Blue Fire
4/ Nemesis
5/ Silver Star
6/ Baron
7/ Thirteen
8/ Balder
9/ The Swarm
10/ Big Thunder Mountain

1] Helix - Liseberg
2] Manta - SeaWorld Orlando
3] Nemesis - Alton Towers
4] Blue Fire - Europa Park
5] Wildfire - Kolmarden
6] Shambhala - PortAventura
7] Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa
8] Expedition Everest - Disney Animal Kingdom
9] Wodan Timburcoaster - Europa Park
10] Troy - Toverland

Updated.

Last edited:
1) Shambhala - Port Aventura
2) Taron - Phantasialand
3) Nemesis - Alton Towers
4) Black Mamba - Phantasialand
5) The Swarm - Thorpe Park
6) The Smiler - Alton Towers
7) Stealth - Thorpe Park
8) Dragon Khan - Port Aventura
9) Wild Mouse - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
10) Oblivion - Alton Towers

59 Credits

Mine's a bit more diverse now, so here it is!

1. Helix
2. Wildfire
3. Nemesis
4. Twister
5. Stealth
6. Oblivion
7. Space Mountain: Mission 2
8. Lisebergbanan
9. Jetline
10. Swarm

Hoping this changes a lot next year :)

1. Helix (Liseberg)
2. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
3. Twisted Colossus (SFMM)
4. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)
5. Balder (Liseberg)
6. Shambhala (PortAventura)
7. X2 (SFMM)
8. Tatsu (SFMM)
9. Wildfire (Kolmården Wildlife Park)
10. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park)

My update post Scandinavia.

Current Top 10 - bare in mind it changes day to day depending my mood but I hadn't updated it on here for 3 years!

1: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
Wild. Airtime is insane. It is simply an epic, epic rollercoaster which gets almost universal praise from all who ride it.

2: Skyrush, Hersheypark
The airtime on this coaster is almost too much. It makes you scream and shriek. It is like no other coaster experience. The lift hill alone is just madness. The first drop is incredible.

3: Maverick, Cedar Point
Awesome. The airtime, the twists, the launch, the crazy banked bits. This is one of the best coasters in the world.

4: Raptor, Cedar Point / Monster, Walygator Parc
Raptor and Monster represents a kick ass layout on an awesome ride model. Genuinely, this is a top, top class inverted coaster and classic from B&M. Intense or what!

5: iSpeed, Mirabilandia
Crazy pacing and relentless twists. The first 30 seconds are sensational

6: The Smiler, Alton Towers
Sorry. But I bloody well love it.

7: Fury325, Carowinds
In the evening, with the darkness falling, this is a beast of a coaster offering speed, airtime and comfort in one. Wow!

8: Helix, Lisberg
Wonderful coaster. There isn't much else to say about it. Especially at night on row 1.

9: Nemesis, Alton Towers
The legacy of this ride given its age is something very special. It keeps up a storming pace all the way round and when it's warm it's a match for anyone, even seasoned riders.

10: Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point
Best Intamin Accelerator I have been on. Amazing launch, similar to Kingda Ka, but with lap bar restraints and far better operations. Wow!

Here is my updated Top 10 since visiting Texas & the West coast a few months ago

1) El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
2) Maverick, Cedar Point
3) Skyrush, Hersheypark
4) Outlaw Run, Silver Dollar City
5) Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion
6) Eejanaika, Fuji-Q
7) Raptor, Cedar Point
8) Twisted Colossus, Six Flags Magic Mountain
9) Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
10) Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point

I've really struggled with this as I've missed out some really good coasters so just want to call out the coasters that nearly made it. Montu, X2, EGF, Tatsu, Griffon, iSpeed, Helix & Fury 325

Last edited:
1. Nemesis
2. Shambhala
3. Goliath
4. Tonnerre de Zeus
5. Blue Fire
6. OzIris
7. Lost Gravity
8. Wodan
9. Expedition Everest
10. Black Mamba