• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

1981 Newspaper advert

marky.com

TS Member
Slowly beginning to go through some of my old AT stuff.

Here's a rare, very early newspaper advert from the Daily Mail, Saturday 4th July, 1981.

Enjoy. :)

The £2.50 cheapness of an entrance fee is just drool worthy, granted this was before mass themed investment happened but my goodness... Thanks for posting it!

1981: 'There are just four giant Corkscrew rollercoasters in the world. Ours is the biggest.'

2010: 'It's like every ride you've ever dreamed of in one'

Some things never change. ;)

I thought Alton said that they don't do the biggest... ;)

A great find there, and I looks forward to seeing any othrr things you have in the house of stuff!

If the entrance fee had risen in line with inflation today it would cost to get in .......

£8.45

You can barely park for that!

Do you have any of the Railway stuff about Alton ? ( I'm a volunteer at the Churnet valley railway and am interesting in the local LMS line)

4NBtG.png

That's such an utterly useless graphic. :p

It's like they were getting it ready for publication until somebody went "Hang on, we don't have a map!" and quickly drew a basic one on the space left with hope that signs existed on the roads :p

Wonder if the graphic meant the locals had to put up signs of thier own directing them to the towers to stop being asked? Little but like the opposite of todays signs that read "No Tom Tom, not this way"

That graphic won't even get you close to Alton Towers, as it implies the park lies to the north of Ashbourne when it's actually to the south-east.