• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012: Wodan

AstroDan said:
The ship section that will form part of the swimming pools at Bell rock is now being constructed!

Yay! I always thought that they have eliminated the ship from the early construction plans. And I wished I was wrong. :D

As I remember from the plans, the ship was not part of the pool, but near the light house and it contained some café / bar. Or am I wrong here? :-\

Edit: Found image from Chris-Space.
022.jpg

I will be surprised if that is built... Seems too late now!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Some new photos of the restaurants in Bell Rock have been released.

Ammolite - the restaurant in the lighthouse.
181832_318359458252302_1246271737_n.jpg

8088_318359494918965_2085113197_n.jpg

Captain's Finest - the New England restaurant
307019_318359534918961_822945119_n.jpg

550455_318359568252291_1876122193_n.jpg

252354_318359668252281_1624661531_n.jpg

581235_318359704918944_1203794083_n.jpg

Spirit of St Louis Bar
223976_318359724918942_487292201_n.jpg

521528_318359784918936_923025966_n.jpg

Havanna Lounge in the Spirit of St Louis Bar
532743_318359764918938_1103794536_n.jpg

Can somebody take me there now plzkthx? ;)

They do look absolutely gorgeous...

Still don't think it suits EP but it will be quality.

Bell Rock is looking absolutely amazing and it's great to see progress coming to an end so quickly especially when less than 3 months ago it was still a building site! I agree that it isn't in the EP style you typically expect but it honestly looks classy and sophisticated, in the same manner as the other high quality hotels on Resort.

Bell Rock Bars and Restaurants

Captains Finest, Mid Range Restaurant:

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

Harborside Colonial Front Cooking, Buffet Restaurant:

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

Ammolite, The Lighthouse Restaurant (Fine Dining):

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

Spirit of St. Louis (Bar):

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

leseobjekte.html

:D

Bell Rock looks stunning. Hurry up October... please!

I was looking forward to adding another bar to the lineup for our standard 'EP Hotel bar crawls', however Bell Rock looks far too sophisticated to be taken over by our antics. I think that in future, we'll probably have to start the evening in Bell Rock and save the drunken behaviour for when we move on to the other bars. :p

Hello everyone.

Me and my family are planning our first trip abroad for next year and we are not sure whether to choose PortAventura or Europa Park to visit. Which do you think would be best as my mom cannot ride rides due to back and neck problems, so which area has more stuff to do around it for non-riders?

Also, when is the best time to visit PortAventura and Europa Park for the quietest queues and such so that we can make the most of our first visit abroad.

Many thanks and sorry if a bit off topic :-[

JAMMYD778 said:
Me and my family are planning our first trip abroad for next year and we are not sure whether to choose PortAventura or Europa Park to visit. Which do you think would be best as my mom cannot ride rides due to back and neck problems, so which area has more stuff to do around it for non-riders?

I've not been to PA, but everything I've heard from people who have suggests that Europa is a lot better for non-riders. Even when you're not riding, the park is just a joy to be in. And some walk-throughs, like Diamond Mine, are amongst the best attractions at the park!

Can your mum ride dark rides, Omnimovers and such? :)

Europa Park has plenty of space to explore alongside many attractions, shows and the hotels to keep non-riders entertained, there are a few rides she can do if possible but you'd have to check through first before going. As for busy times I think that's something for a veteran visitor to ask :)

And hah, yes Matt! :p

Dammit... I had to cancel my trip due to my operation and now my replanned version will involve Bell Rock trying to steal me away from that Alcaraz hotel...

Bleh, decisions...

JAMMYD778 said:
Hello everyone.

Also, when is the best time to visit PortAventura and Europa Park for the quietest queues and such so that we can make the most of our first visit abroad.

Many thanks and sorry if a bit off topic :-[

A lot of this has already been answered above, but here's my bit anyway.

Basically, I have been to both. For those looking for mainly thrills, PortAventura is *probably* just about your best option - as they have bona fide thrill attractions such as Dragon Khan, Stampida, Furius Baco, Shambhala and Huracan Condor. Although Europa-Park do have "thrilling" attractions, the likes of Blue Fire, Eurosat and Wodan tend to fit into the family/thrill bracket.

However, for a "general park" - Europa-Park has a lot more than PortAventura. There are many more rides (around 56), three park transport rides, loads of walk throughs, themed areas which feature history, artists, craftsmen along with all the entertainment (PA has good entertainment too).

Generally, a much more family and friendly atmosphere is found at EP than at PortAventura.

:)

Theme Park and Resort Update

A big update today, to bring together current developments going on with the new hotel, transport/access infrastructure, staff housing and small changes in the park!

Hotel Bell Rock

Tomorrow - the press conference for the new hotel! As a result, it's a mad dash to get it as ready as possible. That said, I would imagine more work will continue before the first guests visit on 11th July.

1340728976.jpg

1340728980.jpg

1340729054.jpg

1340729074.jpg

Infrastucture

The lane control development is continuing - presumably to be ready for the main summer period which starts in a few weeks:

1340729612.jpg

1340729619.jpg

Staff Accommodation

The rear of the building, which backs on to the park, is being given an Austrian look to fit in with the themed area:

1340729625.jpg

1340729632.jpg

1340729639.jpg

Park

Loads of little touches:

Suitcases in the Iceland Monorail station:
250612b.jpg

New theming in Adventureland:
250612a.jpg

New fire SFX in Geisterschloss:
230612b.jpg

New monitoring device in Geisterschloss:
230612d.jpg

New mini models in Piccolo Mondo:
200612a.jpg

New observation scope outside Matterhorn Blitz:
200612c.jpg

New lighting for Oldtimer Fahrt:
200612d.jpg

New electric blinds above the Bar Colosseo terrace:
180612b.jpg

New fisherman on Jungle Rafts:
110612e.jpg

New paintings at the entrance to the Milka Shop:
060512a.jpg

New fish tank at Atlantis exit:
060512b.jpg

All images from EPRUST.COM or EPFANS.INFO.

:D

Wow EP never fail to amaze me! It is the middle of the season and they are making all of these little theming additions, it's fantastic! And Bell Rock is looking absolutely lovely in the sun!

:)

Bell Rock is looking absolutely gorgeous, thanks for the links! Admiring the little touches too. Has that list by EPfans (?) been updated to include them then?