• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 Enthusiast Wishlist

I want a lot of things but here is my top 3:

1. An x sector paint and polish. Seriously, if SW7 comes into it in its current state I will cry bitter tears to hear chavs members of the public downgrade the x sector!
2. Air's tunnel to be cleaned/refurbished. Just a bit of a polish and lighting addition would do wonders for the tunnel!
3. Comfy seats in Ice Age! Those seats are painful.......

1. Destroy every Fastrack reference in sight.

2. Do something with Th13teen/Rita's queue. I don't care what it is, but wood & wood alone bores me. Th13teen's queue irritates me due to it's repetitive layout. Swapping a couple of panels on the fencing around so you didn't repeat your steps would be much better.

3. Fix Air's station issues - Constant problems with harness locking

4. Tidy Oblivion. Couple of resprays wouldn't go a miss!

5. Ensure SW7's queue is the exact opposite of Rita's.

My honest wish for 2013 is for SW7 to have a better name than "The Smiler".

:)

I think Extraordinary Golf could do with being done up a little bit. I like it, but I'm sick of my ball going off the course in certain places because there's nothing to stop it at the entrance/exit to each course. Also the plastic cups in the holes sometimes stick out further than the "grass", making it hard to get the ball in, and there was one speaker making dreadful noises too! :p

(Has something happened with Fastrack this year? Seeing a few bad references to it on the boards recently)

Anyway, my list:

Air Tunnel Theming
Nemesis tidied up, and agree, get rid of the audio or fix the pop at the end, it hurts my ears!
Oblivion repaint
Air repaint
General jet-wash/tidy up of paths and queues
Bring back the themed audio on the different monorail trains

Vicki said:
Nemesis tidied up, and agree, get rid of the audio or fix the pop at the end, it hurts my ears!

Oh god, I thought I was the only one. Aside from the fact I think the voice totally doesn't suit the ride anyway, that pop just tops it all off. Whoever didn't notice that and why it's still like that is a bit ridiculous.

Also add to my list, Hex's alignment and banging issues. Especially with the music seemingly getting quieter, you can really hear the ride banging and bumping, especially as it starts up/parks. There was a noticeable gap on one of my trips on it during Scarefest, the floor and the ride were quite far apart, leaving a awkward step. Felt a bit like getting on/off Impossible!

One of the Sanctuary queueline actors roaming around the park promoting SW7. (This is probably very likely anyway, preferably the chap with the farmers cap or even Dr. Kelman himself).

Now where do I start!

1. Fix Hex, they sorted the audio this year, now sort the ride system before it falls to bits.
2. Fix the Hex projector.
3. Tidy the monorail stations and add flatscreen TVs
4. Clean/wash/paint/fix X-sector, Nemesis station, Ritas station
5. The golf is looking in a bit of a state now, most of the audio is broke, and lots of it is falling to bits.
6. Clean air.
7. Refatch the roofs in the farm.
8. Do something with towers family resturant.
9. Do something with spinball noodles.
10. Refurbish some of the toilet blocks.
11. Fix the broke tv screens in the Nemesis SubTerra queue line (some have no audio and some have no image, plus one is bright pink).
12. Retrain the majority of the staff who work in the food outlets, espeically the Fresh fish and chips staff.

• General path clean up/jet wash.
  • X-Sector needs some general TLC (which hopefully it gets).
  • Oblivion station clean up, track repaint, maybe.
  • Air tunnel could do with having the white lights changed with a filter to the light blue colour - just to add a bit of atmosphere rather than a bland tunnel.
  • Dark Forest could do with some paint TLC on the buildings.
  • Monorail stations need a smarten up along with replacing the old TV's with new ones.
  • The tunnels that run underneath Rita's launch track need making into a more permanent addition rather than what is there currently (which I think should already be in the works).
  • Show Extraordinary Golf some love - looking battered.
  • The outside seating where The Fried Chicken Co. is needs some overhead cover in the rainy periods. Make it so it can be taken down when it's the sunny months.
  • Sort out fastrack - this season especially, it was oversold.
  • Better atmosphere, lighting wise, during Scarefest next year.
  • Something great to replace the Burger Kings around the park.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. :)

As the 2013 season is under a week away, all I would want from this season is a good scarefest and fireworks

That staff members and managers are more proactive with cleaning and fixing of themeing to keep the resort looking it's best over this season.

Re: 2013 Enthusiast Wishlist

Sam said:
Sorting out the audio in the Nemesis station. Either get rid of the Andy Hine ('maybe chained but still untamable!' etc.) voice effects or fix them so they don't *POP* at the end.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

The *pop* sound has now gone completely!!

Nemesis monster paper mach. painted, especially at the single rider queue. I always see kids picking at it nowadays which is embarrassing that Terry looks so knew while Nemmy continues to age poorly. Maybe space upsellers around more. HH maybe? Yes I just did ask for upsellers to swarm around the park.

Stelios said:
Nemesis monster paper mach. painted, especially at the single rider queue. I always see kids picking at it nowadays which is embarrassing that Terry looks so knew while Nemmy continues to age poorly. Maybe space upsellers around more. HH maybe? Yes I just did ask for upsellers to swarm around the park.

At least Nemesis has theming and not just a green tin shed.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Stelios said:

Which, in Sub-Terra's defence, suits it's theme of military/security/research facility in my opinion :)

LiamC said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Stelios said:

Which, in Sub-Terra's defence, suits it's theme of military/security/research facility in my opinion :)

I'm afraid that is just an enthusiasts attempt at an explanation for what is quite simply very lazy theming.

Most of Forbidden Valley has a look of mystery and fantasy about it, whereas Sub-Terra is just bland and plain. It does not do the inside ride experience justice at all.

There is no point in making excuses for the park's laziness..

I'm not making excuses, I genuinely feel that way about ST. I think for the effect it's trying to create and the atmosphere it's trying to generate it's spot on.

The majority of people I've spoken to who aren't enthusiasts have always said, without riding it, "I have no idea what is in there, it looks like an army barrack." Surely the whole idea of a ride, particularly a dark ride, is to create a sense of mystery and wonder so people will want to ride it to know what happens? I think by having the somewhat plain, barren, military style exterior ST fits this perfectly in my eyes. Just my thoughts on it anyway :)

Dan! said:
Sam said:
Sorting out the audio in the Nemesis station. Either get rid of the Andy Hine ('maybe chained but still untamable!' etc.) voice effects or fix them so they don't *POP* at the end.

Best news of the season! :D

Any chance you could add on a vocal effect again so it doesn't sound so cheesy? :)

Sam said:
Dan! said:
Sam said:

Best news of the season! :D

Any chance you could add on a vocal effect again so it doesn't sound so cheesy? :)

I love the cheesy vocal effect!!!