• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

RideTimes does contain open and closing times for each ride, along with a status of whether the ride is "down" or just "closed". You can see it in the JSON output of all the rides.

It refers to both out-of-hours non-operation and unplanned downtime as 'closed' though.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

I didn't know about that. Nice to see more entertainment on park. That's the type of stuff they need! I hope we see more stuff like that in future. :)

If they continue with that and vary their routine then it'll be fantastic! I hope that they add similar to things so we end up with a really good entertainment section of the park. :)

What happened to the Park Keepers though? I haven't heard too much about them...

Andrew said:
If they continue with that and vary their routine then it'll be fantastic! I hope that they add similar to things so we end up with a really good entertainment section of the park. :)

What happened to the Park Keepers though? I haven't heard too much about them...

They are still around, Bravo is on selected days at the moment (think mostly weekends) with Pirates and Park Keepers around every day.

I've always wanted to see some sort of brass band on park, I love the combination of the live band and the humorous comments made by the conductor (Really have to give credit to that actor, he was also great in The Pirates of Mutiny Bay), I'd love to see more stuff like this on park, but I doubt we'll be seeing much due to the shoestring budget that's given to Ents :(

It's great to see that entertainment on park is starting to improve though!

Do we know if Bravo is an internal thing or just an outside group used by Alton when need be (a bit like the hotel band)?

Not that it matters, I'm just curious. :)

That is great to see. I do love it when the ents team pushes a new mobile show out on to park.

As I have always said, the magic is safe and is hanging out with the ents team. Thank god ;D

James said:
Do we know if Bravo is an internal thing or just an outside group used by Alton when need be (a bit like the hotel band)?

Not that it matters, I'm just curious. :)

Currently i think its a trial run, the conductor is part of full time Towers ents (Pete has done it a few times too), guessing the band members are hired in but creatively it's a Towers Ents creation.

Bravo FTW. Watching that video gives me a huge grin on my face :)

Entertainments are the keepers of the magic these days and its aliiiiiive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Wow, that's really good.

How long ago was this show introduced? I visited a couple of Sundays ago and it wasn't being performed then.

This looks really good! I've never been interested in the pirate shows because of the pop music and same old jokes, but this is exactly the kind of thing the park needs. It's a nice mixture of tunes with a little bit of silliness, just like some of the old bands from the 90s.

Does anyone know if they head to the monorail station at the beginning and end of the day to greet and say goodbye to guests like one of the 90s bands used to do? It'd be nice if some form of entertainment was created for that very purpose if existing performances don't already fill that gap.

The bravo band plays daily (I believe) throughout August. 5pm and 6pm on towers street, and they also play in Fountain Square mid afternoon.

Entretainments have proven that they can do small scale performances and shows, but when will they get the chance to try something a little more fitting for the scale of the park? Such a shame there's neither the space, time or budget for anything much larger. :/

It's strongly rumoured that next year's family additions would include some sort of outdoor theatre, so that could be quite interesting (although likely to be an IP-based show).

I reckon there's potential for the pirate show to be moved to the Battle Galleons lake at some point with a larger set and wider appeal.

They need an indoor theatre!

Not since The Go! Go! Go! Show have we seen an indoor theatre, that's something the park really needs right now. Something that will grab in a heaps of guests. An outdoor theatre could work if done on the right scale though.

It nice to see things expanding either way, however small they may be!

The Bravo Band is absolutely fantastic! I really hope that it goes down well with guests and continues. Entertainments are one of the few positives on park at the moment.

:)

The actor who plays the conductor in them videos showing the bravo show is called Ian hayles and has done a number of park related shows such as:

- Pirates of mutiny bay
- Park keeper
- "Michael" the drunk during 2012 scarefest scare rooms
- Steampunk guy in the Hotel (Sir Algeon I believe, could be wrong though)
- Sir Edward England