• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Radios do seemingly work over a powercut, however I imagine they'll only have a limited life. Plus, they'd want the radios clear so any important information can be relayed - any incidents which have occured, who needs help most.

Plus, I imagine they'd need to find out what has caused the issue, and how long. That information is naturally going to take time, which is why noone seems to know what's happening?

Maybe training as to what to do in event of powercut would be useful, so everyone has the same information to hand to the guests straight off. That might help issues until they know the information to relay.

As someone earlier mentioned, as it seems they used to do, having a specific member of staff in the corner of the park affected (in this case, mainly Forbidden Valley) to be a clear and obvious point of communication to relay to the visitors what is happening.

The only way we found out what was going on was by constantly asking, we missed about an hour of the other areas of the park being open simply because no one had said anything. If 5 of the 6 main attractions at the park are down, with the huge distance between them, it would be useful for someone to announce where the majority of guests have gathered that other areas of the park are now open.

They have those cars with bubble machines and what not floating around, just send one of them in to let people know. Crikey even a white board in a couple of the shops saying "Dark Forest & X-Sector now open" would have helped.

There are so many things they could have done, simple and easy solutions that would have cost no money or any real effort - just a little bit of thought for those on park. The most important people. Your guests.

Surely the queue time boards (which are throughout the park) will have displayed when the rides such as oblivion/smiler/rita/13 were back open? So there is your communication.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wilsy said:
Surely the queue time boards (which are throughout the park) will have displayed when the rides such as oblivion/smiler/rita/13 were back open? So there is your communication.

We were constantly checking ridetimes, and queue boards - it wasn't actually very obvious what was going on. And because the queue times were not right, did that mean we knew for certain that the boards were relaying information correctly, during a major power outage, on the opposite side of the park? No, of course not.

When they did come on, Oblivion, 60 minutes? Rita having multiple downs, was not listed on it either. Hardly a pinnacle of information given the nature of the problem that day.

A park that big, a problem of that nature, queue boards alone is the answer? Going to have to disagree with you completely fella.

TheMan said:
Wilsy said:

We were constantly checking ridetimes, and queue boards - it wasn't actually very obvious what was going on. And because the queue times were not right, did that mean we knew for certain that the boards were relaying information correctly, during a major power outage, on the opposite side of the park? No, of course not.

When they did come on, Oblivion, 60 minutes? Rita having multiple downs, was not listed on it either. Hardly a pinnacle of information given the nature of the problem that day.

A park that big, a problem of that nature, queue boards alone is the answer? Going to have to disagree with you completely fella.

It gets my goat a bit. We as a society are so dependent on technology that we run around like headless chickens if the internet or the power goes down.

I agree with the man on this. Revert to old type technology.......... that doesn't have to use electricity. Try and have someone in the stalls just be around a phone that can get info to the customers. Simple

Slugjc said:
It gets my goat a bit. We as a society are so dependent on technology that we run around like headless chickens if the internet or the power goes down.

I agree with the man on this. Revert to old type technology.......... that doesn't have to use electricity. Try and have someone in the stalls just be around a phone that can get info to the customers. Simple

Yes that's very true Slugjc, also why is the onus on the customer in this case to go finding out?

Don't get me wrong a lot of the staff were lovely as always, but you could tell they were fed up of getting grief from the public about it too - it's understandable the guests would be annoyed, and that in turn will eventually annoy the staff. They had no information to relay either.

There are so many simply solutions to avoid this, the only way I found out what was happening was by asking something, they didn't even tell you what was happening when you entered the park!

I would of thought they would have had Policies and Procedures for dealing with partial or total power failure on park. And this would included ways to inform Guests with out electronic means.

I know we have at work. basically for student and staff facing business support staff they is a default saying we start with "There is a failure in power, at this time we do not know the cause of the length of time it will be down" this is also echoed by flip charts at key points in the building.

The flip charts are then updated as new information become available.

It a simple bit in a mad procedure. however it does work a treat in an College enviroment

Don't worry Josh.

Elfenfahrt at Europa-Park will fill the void left by the closure of Riverbank!

asaramab.jpg

Currently get a ride cup with a cocktail

When I was there a couple of weeks back, it was one of the tall thin plastic slush cups! :\

thefatone said:
What's the ride cup? Is it a mug, or a shot glass or a unique cup?
Yeah basically one of those you can buy In towers trading the plastic beaker