• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Winter Season: Shows 2013/14

Winter season begins on Saturday, 23rd November and the following shows will run daily:

Inspired by the Panda
Bamboe Baai Stage, Holland.
The story of an unusual friendship between people and pandas, beautifully performed by the exceptional artistes of the Chinese National Circus. Acrobatics and passion from the Middle Kingdom - poetry for the heart.

Surpr'Ice: The Lost Penguin
Ice Arena, Greece.
he little penguin suddenly finds himself at the North Pole. And nothing here is anything like his home at the South Pole. The snow and ice my gleam just as white, but everything else is different: unfamiliar animals, freezing storms... all the little penguin wants is to get back home again as soon as he can. We accompany him on his long journey - a wintry fairytale voyage!

Euromaus and the Snowflake Circus
Winter Wonderland Stage.
h dear. Fewer and fewer children are coming to see the beautiful old Snowflake Circus. So Euromaus enlists his friends to find a way to help the circus and its animals. What plan do they concoct? Can the friends save the little Snowflake Circus?

The BIG present
Kinder Theatre, Holland.
"Can this really be for me?" asks the little girl, astounded to find a big parcel in her garden just before Christmas. Unfortunately, it's not! It was clearly delivered to the wrong address. "Should I try to find the child it was meant for? They must be feeling very sad." This is a bis moral issue for a little girl: "Who is the other child? Is it a girl? Do I know her?" What would you do?

The Magical Circus Review
The Big Top (access via Greece or Russia)
nchanted worlds. Magical creatures. Spellbinding performances. These skilful performers will whisk you off to a world far away from reality. The wheel of death, artistry, floor, acrobatics, conjuring tricks...and performed in the context of the Europa-Park Show Ballett with its impressive choreographies.

A musical Christmas circus
Globe Theatre, England.
his romantic, contemplative tale unfolds in the lovingly decorated set of a Christmas market. Fall under the spell of beautiful costumes, shining performances and uplifting singing in a heart-warming Christmas story. Gentle and poetic, this show is sure to get you into the perfect Christmas spirit.

Winter Parade of Lights
Parade Route, parkwide.
A captivating composition of light and imagination, atmospheric and mesmerisingly beautiful: the glittering parade drifts like stardust through the nighttime Park - a dreamlike experience. Seasonally lit floats - eyes aglow with pleasure.

Luna Magica
Lakeside, Adventureland.
A fascinating spectacle awaits you here in the Christmas run-up: a magical wonderland of fire and light upon the sparkling lake. Lose yourself in a sea of twinkling lights, blazing fireworks and fantastic music, dance and acrobatics performances. And you can also look forward to our surprise guest...

+ 3D Video Mapping on Poseidon station and the Scandinavian facades, Arthur 4D film in the Magic Cinema and Winter Wonderland characters.

:)

Winter Season Start

Winter Season began this morning at Europa-Park.

65011_10151763105131440_416998843_n.jpg

Some shots of the park:

1385159133.jpg

1385159137.jpg

1385159141.jpg

1385159144.jpg

1385159081.jpg

Blue Fire was open today, as a bonus. It will operate if it's 5 degrees or over.

Roland Mack officially opened Europa-Park for the 13th winter season yesterday, as shown in this short video clip uploaded to YouTube by BlueFireMegacoaster8.

As is tradition at the start of seasons, he firstly asks as to whether there are any French or Swiss guests, then of course the German guests. Then he welcomes everyone, thanks everyone for coming, talks about all the hard work that EP staff have done to prepare the park for winter - and shares some of the winter highlights, such as the winter shows and Christmas market.

He also asks if it's anybodies first time, to which the answer is no - it's all returning guests.

He then joins up with his brother Jurgen and sons Thomas and Michael to cut the ribbon and officially launch the winter season.

Then, guests enter the park, and the Mack's greet guests as they walk in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJAqHk7Iw3I#ws

The park have announced that the new film for the Magic Cinema Arthur 4D is not available until mid-December for technical reasons.

For the time being, the Secret of Balthasar Castle (winter edition) is showing all day.

From mid-December, Arthur 4D will show between 11am and 4pm, with the Secret of Balthasar Castle showing from 4pm until park closing.

A receptionist at Bell Rock, Sinah Schumacher, has won an award as the most beautiful hotel employee in Germany. :)

YWPSgWd.jpg

There's also an interesting article in the Badische Zeitung, an interview with the Catholic chaplain at the park (there is also a Protestant chaplain).

The most interesting point I picked up on is that, in collaboration with the University of Freiburg, the park have launched an initiative to study the benefits that visiting a theme park has for bereaved people. :)

EP do seem to have a thing for supporting competitions that emphasise looks over anything else, but the beauty pageant still seems popular across Germany

Dave said:
EP do seem to have a thing for supporting competitions that emphasise looks over anything else, but the beauty pageant still seems popular across Germany

They host Miss Germany, which is organised by a private company.

It just seems more popular than in the UK, but Mack are traditionally a showman family so it kind of fits!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The custom made Arthur 4D film is showing as of this week at the Magic Cinema. The 12-minute film has been made exclusively for Europa-Park by Luc Besson, and is designed as a warm up to the new ride in the summer season 2014, Arthur in the Kingdom of the Invisibles.

The Secret of Balthasar Castle is also showing at the Magic Cinema, so you can see both films if you wish!

From Chris-Space:

971585_601741673224624_902455970_n.jpg

Looks like Europa-Park has been busy over the weekend, with ride close extended on both Saturday and Sunday to 8pm. Great news - hopefully tipping them towards the 5m guests mark for the year!

Love it!

Europa Park have also extended ride close to 8pm from now until the end of season.

AstroDan said:
Love it!

Europa Park have also extended ride close to 8pm from now until the end of season.

Wow that park still amazes me

According to Europa's Facebook page, due to mild temperatures, Blue Fire will be opening this weekend. Now if Wodan was opening too I'd be jumping on a plane this instant!

Blue Fire has actually been open all Winter Season - it's just not advertised as it opens only 4 degrees +

The Euro-Raves are major coasters...

4 coasters closed (including the 2 water coasters) out of all of them is nothing to be sniffed at...

Here is a fantastic 1h20min TV report about Europa Park & Mack Rides filmed in 2010.

All in french, bad image quality, but really worth a look as they are LOTS of (nearly only) backstage scene. I never saw any report with so many backstage images.
If you ever wondered what's behind the scene of Silver Star, Euromir or Eurosat, then you should have a look :)

Thanks to Wonderworldweb for uploading.

http://youtu.be/6hBtdZVhFQI

They've reached 5,000,000 guests, with record gate figures for winter season - over 25,000 guests on some days which are usually only found in main season!