• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Little video from the local press about Europa-Park winter season. Whilst the spoken word is in German, there are some nice shots. Main words from Roland and Thomas are:

- happiness about 2nd Michelin star
- winter is a personal highlight of the year

The video also confirms a 'big' attraction for 2016 as previousy mentioned.

http://www.mittelbadische-presse.tv...Wintersaison/ef3c164b1c6ba1b823d57782791aaa88

The effort to get the park from full Halloween decoration to Winter decoration in just 18 days is incredible.

The park really does look amazing at Christmas, I can't believe they have so many lights around the park, pretty much on every ride and building! I do need to visit EP during the winter!

Not strictly relevant, but something interesting I spotted in the Jewish Museum in Berlin.

9MNe0Wm.jpg

XbsrKPy.jpg

It's weird to think of Rust having a history before 1975!

Not sure if this has already been posted before, but I feel it should be posted again:
I'll try to avoid discussing the music

Really gives off the atmosphere! Not sure what that big wheel/pirate ship is though?

The Big Wheel is a mainstay of the Winter Season - or at least has been since 2011 ish. It is one of the biggest travelling wheels in Europe and EP have it over the Atlantica lake in Winter.

Pirate ship? There's the Santa Marian next to it (the wheel) because it's in Portugal.

The Big Wheel is a mainstay of the Winter Season - or at least has been since 2011 ish. It is one of the biggest travelling wheels in Europe and EP have it over the Atlantica lake in Winter.

Pirate ship? There's the Santa Marian next to it (the wheel) because it's in Portugal.

Never mind, I saw the shot of the bottom of the wheel as a pirate ship for some reason. :p

The photos in that trip report are stunning. It does look like a totally different park. Magical.

:)

Europa-Park have won the Ortenau Marketing Prize 2014 - a regional industry award for marketing, at a glitzy ceremony. It was attended by the head of marketing at EP along with Jan-Markus Wolff - the singer of those catchy EP songs - Dein Moment and Zwei Millionen Sterne, no less. He's also on the Facebook team:

Winter season video from one of the biggest EP fansites - epfans.ch:

Europa-Park have finally reached 5,000,000 guests in one year. The fabulous achievement was met earlier in the week. The lucky family were given a complimentary stay in the resort hotels.

This confirms Europa-Park's position as Europe's second most popular theme park and the largest seasonal park globally.

1418749390.jpg

Fact for you...

In 2013, Europa-Park spent €2.104million (£1.7million) on social engagement - i.e. donations to charity and events for charity from which to benefit!

Read more here