• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Little changes that have so far been unreported:
  • A new mural depicting the Kennedy Space Centre has been painted in EuroMir's exit tunnel, where there used to be just a few framed photos of Mir.
  • The static Louis (French mascot) in the 4D cinema has been replaced with a similar sized animatronic, who announces the imminent starting of the film and moves around a bit.
  • The cheap little toilets near the German beer garden have had a refurbishment and have been completely re-clad.
  • Wodan's sponsorship has brought a few improvements including new signs in the queue, nice new graphics in the maintenance shed and new, more attractive grates to hold the glass shards in the queue.
  • Spirit of St. Louis has a large new circular table made out of jet engine parts. This was donated to Thomas Mack but I can't remember who by.
  • The wall at the entrance to the Arthur area before you reach the railway crossing has been removed. A new queue time sign has been put up between the railway and the hall entrance.
  • A projection of 'EUROPA PARK EUROSAT' has returned to Sat and it looks like its permanent, in the pre-lift section.

Sounds good! Out of interest, as I appear to have either missed or forgotten it, what is now sponsoring Wodan?

:)

Rather than plaster an ugly sponsor's logo everywhere, they have subtley added tha word "mustang" here and there in a font that matches the Wodan logo. I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me.

Europa-Park has tonight closed and so the curtain can lower on the 2014 season!

I have been several times over the year and I only grow fonder of this wonderful place.

The park re - opens for its 40th anniversary year on March 28th.

Europa-Park has tonight closed and so the curtain can lower on the 2014 season!

I have been several times over the year and I only grow fonder of this wonderful place.

The park re - opens for its 40th anniversary year on March 28th.

I never realised you where a fan.... You should be more vocal about your love!

(it is smashing isn't it)

I'm lucky to have been three times during 2014, including for the magnificent midnight opening. It's been a fantastic year for EP and a year where I have fallen even more in love with the whole resort.

Need to find a way to return in 2015 for the 40th anniversary. It will be interesting to see how gate figures compare this year with last year's as Arthur was obviously a massive draw in 2014.

Europa-Park will be adding an 8th train to Arthur in the near future (unsure if this will be for winter season 2015/16 or main season 2016). This is great to see. I am presuming Mack have ironed out all the technicalities on the ride.

That said, the trains were already quite close together in the station so I am unsure how this will work - but there must be a way!

Adding a train will increase throughput though, hopefully towards 1,200pph.

Interesting, great to see them increasing the throughput's and running the ride as it was originally intended to be. However as you say, those trains were already close together and having experienced the ride 'stacking' multiple times in one circuit on only 7 trains, I am concerned that this will become a frequent issue as it really dampens the ride experience!

That would make the stacking worse, they'd need to slow them down or run them closer together.

That would only work if they're able to run the trains closer together than they do at the moment and I'm not sure whether or not they can. If not, the spacing in the station would have to be increased to compensate, resulting in more stacking.

I expect the situation to be similar to EPs other multi-train coasters. Even if they are able to run 8 it will probably only happen very occasionally, with the new train being primarily intended to allow rolling maintenance of the others without affecting capacity.