• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Alastair said:
Balb0wa said:
Alastair said:
It leaves the sensible person with only one choice. Enter the park through the Woodland Walk, get on Nemesis as early as possible (maybe a couple of times), walk across to X-Sector then Oblivion a couple of times then queue for The Smiler before 10.

Can you enter now through the woodland walk if you have a pass and aren't a hotel guest?

As far as I know, you've always been able to do that.

Yes you can do this - they just scan your pass. However, I dont think it opens until 10am.

I remember the days when you would we "walked through" in a group by a member of staff who would try and inject some fun into the walk to the theme park.

As for the ERT line up - I agree, too spread out, wont be able to do anything more than once if you want to make the most of the rides - plus you can guarantee the skyride wont be open, so if you want to do nemesis and then oblivion thats your hour used up.

Air should be on there too in my opinion.

Benzin said:
Last year Woodland Walk was open for 9am... It just wasn't heavily advertised...

Yep from when they changed the ERT to remove th13teen. It was quite useful as it allowed you to do Nemesis (more than once), Blade, Duel, RMT and then still get to the Smiler queue before 10am.

As someone stated above it is always worth doing RMT on ERT particularly in the summer months given how busy it can get.

Benzin said:
But the 3 rides you want to do most are also relatively spread out and unable to be ridden more than once?

Well yes, but there's far more benefit in doing rides that could get queues of an hour or more later in the day than rides where queues are unlikely to go above 20 minutes on all but the busiest days. I believe they choose rides from different areas to balance the extra workload across the various ride teams, but they could still do that if they opened a more 'useful' set of rides.

I don't see the point in having Duel open either. I went on the busiest day of the year at that point (the last Saturday for SF (27th I think)) and the queue for Duel was the longest I've ever seen... yet it took just 10 minutes to get on. :/

What, no Air! :/ This just got worse. :( Too spread out, and not enough variety of attractions. Either keep it in the same half of the park, or open mostly major attractions. :mad:

I liked it how they had it before though, keeping everyone in Towers Street, Mutiny Bay, Katanga Canyon, Gloomy Wood and Forbidden Valley. It kept the atmosphere, now guests will walk past inoperational rides to get to Oblivion.

I wonder whether we'll see another mid season change to ERT to include CBeebies.

Don't get how this has got worse, it's last years ERT line up plus an extra coaster (oblivion). I imagine the reason the coasters are spread around the park is because tech services can't get two coasters in the same areas pre start checks done before 9am so the work load is spread a bit.

Don't get me wrong I would love Rita on there too but I think she is such a temperamental thing at the moment that we ain't got a chance of that happening.

I don't get the negativity with the ERT lineup. I think it's pretty good to be honest - I mean, we've gained Oblivion back!

Air isnt ever on ERT due to pre-start checks, Th13teen was removed as it didn't often get the required minimum number of riders and Rita is a tempramental bitch.

The only thing I would like added is Rita - but I really don't see any issue with this lineup. I actually think it's better than I expected.

Wouldn't mind the smiler & oblivion eventually. I can't wait till the smiler is no longer the new ride, I can't wait to whore it good and proper.

I'd actually take that over nemmy on ERT right now. My love wasn't rekindled straight away over half term. (After the 5th round, all I was thinking is "how am I supposed to get this smell of crap fish and chips out of my hair")

Slightly off topic, but I hate that nemesis' station smells like a chippy. Almost certainly dampens the escapism for me.

Why are people saying the rides are too spread out, all of them are on the East side of the park apart from Oblivion, so it's basically the same as last year but with an extra coaster. What's not to love about that?

Of course, they could remove ERT completely and just open all the rides at 10:00. Would you rather? I know I'd rather get some more rides in, even if it's just one or 2.

I'd really like to see Sonic on ERT. Apart from that the line-up is pretty decent, glad to see Oblivion back on it!

:)

The perfect setup to me would be: Spinball, Oblivion, Rita, Hex, Sharkbait Reef, RMT & Duel. Why?

Spinball has dire throughput and always seems to have around a 40+ minute queue.
Oblivion: Logical to that area of the park - near Spinball.
Rita: Seems to get a long queue to after ERT (when it was on it), especially in the summer.
Hex: Something for the family to do during ERT and also near Oblivion/Rita.
Sharkbait Reef: For the families again.
RMT: Family rollercoaster that can have a nightmare queue later on in the day.
Duel: Another ride for the family to do.

Nemesis eats queues and Air has queues but isn't as bad as Rita or Spinball plus they have trouble opening it early due to checks. I know my setup above wouldn't happen due to Rita being temperamental and with entry from the Woodland walk being in Forbidden Valley (the opposite side to the suggested rides).

If they did have my suggested rides you could do them in this order: Spinball, Oblivion, Hex (or do this after), Rita, go back for another ride on Oblivon or wait for The Smiler to open at 10. Then from The Smiler go to Thirteen, get the skyride over to Forbidden Valley and get Air, Nemesis, Blade, Ripsaw & Sub Terra done then work way down to Duel and Mutiny Bay. Come out and do any remaining rides that you want.

Is it just me, or do any of you despise waiting in Rita's queue - especially in summer!? I hate it. If Spinball has more than a 30 minute queue I tend to leave it even though I enjoy it I just can't justify waiting longer. I tend to try and catch it at a good time to get on it.

I can understand why they have it like they do though. At least we get Oblivion back and can whore Nemesis! :p

Rollercoasters4Life said:
The perfect setup to me would be: Spinball, Oblivion, Rita, Hex, Sharkbait Reef, RMT & Duel.
Yep that's my ideal as well, but plus Nemesis. Why do they promote Sharkbait Reef like its a ride?!

Wonder if people would've moaned that the line-up was "too spread out" when we had Rita, Oblivion and Nemesis all on ERT a few years back?

I'd add Hex, Spinball and Twirling Toadstool to the list. Otherwise it is fine :D

BenBowser said:
Rollercoasters4Life said:
The perfect setup to me would be: Spinball, Oblivion, Rita, Hex, Sharkbait Reef, RMT & Duel.
Yep that's my ideal as well, but plus Nemesis. Why do they promote Sharkbait Reef like its a ride?!

They promote it as an attraction which it is, Sharkbait as others have said is on ERT as it doesn't cost anything to have it open early and families really like it.

People will moan either way. It's the natural enthusiast trait. :p

BenBowser said:
(Edit: Didn't see Dave's post when I posted this - just emphasising the above :p ). It's not quite promoted as that. Sure it comes under the "Early Ride Time" title. Although "Early Ride and Attractions Time" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. As mentioned by others. Regardless of whether it is open or not it costs the same to run so it makes sense to open it up as it doesn't lose out whether people visit it or not!

Sharkbait Reef, it the same sort of principle as Haunted Hollow, and you don't see them advertise that for Early Ride Time. ;)

BenBowser said:
Sharkbait Reef, it the same sort of principle as Haunted Hollow, and you don't see them advertise that for Early Ride Time. ;)

Yeah, but Haunted Hollow is a path, Sharkbait Reef is a very well themed and appealing attraction...

:)