• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

The Sun have tweeted this discussing this years vouchers. An 8 page spread to keep your eyes peeled for is being published on Wednesday 19th.

The prospect of the pull out has become a lot less exciting now that we have actually seen the map!

:)

Another 'Merlin' tag. They are really pushing the brand this year. Nothing to do with the flotation of course.

And that definitely isn't the best shot of The Smiler. Concrete building FTL.

I love the montage of ride clips in that advert and of course having ITHOTMK is always great; it's just a shame that terrible promo image of the Night Garden boat ride featured.

The Merlin logo being on show may be to do with CBeebies Land.

To be fair with the Night Garden promo they cannot do a lot with as CBeebies Land is not fully complete!

Looks like the Towers parts of the ad are just stock footage that The Sun have been given, nothing too special really. Will be interesting see if Towers have their own general theme park advert this year of if they just do a CBeebies one for when that opens.

Rob said:
Looks like the Towers parts of the ad are just stock footage that The Sun have been given, nothing too special really. Will be interesting see if Towers have their own general theme park advert this year of if they just do a CBeebies one for when that opens.

I would guess The Smiler adverts will run until May, then CBeebies after that.

Rob said:

As Scott suggested the other day, I reckon they filmed new stock footage on Thursday after their FB status asking for people. It certainly looks new.

Alastair said:
Rob said:

As Scott suggested the other day, I reckon they filmed new stock footage on Thursday after their FB status asking for people. It certainly looks new.

Some of it might have been new. Parts however were old YourDay stock footage.

Leek Signs put this up today, suggesting that the Pirate Show may be remaining the same this year. Rather disappointing.

1891052_679394288770111_1970302644_n.jpg

JAMMYD778 said:
The footage shot by The Sun on Thursday was used to create this promotion for The Sun's Superday's Alton Towers giveaway. It shows a bit of footage of the new Smiler extension queue and boy does it look out of place, but we all knew it would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBysIQiNas#ws

They didn't really have the whole park to themselves, looks like they only got on The Smiler, Oblivion and Spinball. I certainly didn't see any guests in Forbidden valley on Thursday :/

Rob said:
Leek Signs put this up today, suggesting that the Pirate Show may be remaining the same this year. Rather disappointing.

1891052_679394288770111_1970302644_n.jpg

I wish they would change them photography signs, it hasn't been used for that in years! I'm surprised they haven't put anything in there, even if it is just a food outlet or games stall.

djtruefitt said:
I wish they would change them photography signs, it hasn't been used for that in years! I'm surprised they haven't put anything in there, even if it is just a food outlet or games stall.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they currently use that building to store the pirate boat. I'm pretty sure I've seen it drive out of there a couple of times before.

Yes as far as i'm aware they do. But surely they could put that elsewhere, or at least update the signs, or simply remove them!

smudge said:
Another 'Merlin' tag. They are really pushing the brand this year. Nothing to do with the flotation of course.
As James says it's to do with Cbeebies. They can't be seen as BBC, so they put that on there to be like "We're definitely not BBC".

Nice to see The Sun advert has changed after 3yrs of samey nemesis.