• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

It's disappointing that the best show they did in years hasn't changed?

As long as the same cast are about, its all good...

Most important in that Sun video? The entrance gate to the Smiler queue has been moved forward along with the fence so that it is still the main queue entrance!

Meet the new street theater for this season

The Alton Towers Traffic Patrol

69559_624729297597518_1890519047_n.jpg

Looks interesting :)

Do we know what these guys get up to? Interesting clothing anyway - looks like they've borrowed The Smiler staffs socks though. :p

James said:
Do we know what these guys get up to? Interesting clothing anyway - looks like they've borrowed The Smiler staffs socks though. :p

Maybe they've had a few Smiler staff resign and had some socks left over. :p

Looks very 'panto-like'!

James said:

Not certain on the details but heard they where getting a good response from the crowd.

Looking forward to seeing them! Street entertainment was a big positive from last season so here's hoping it continues this season.

:)

I'm very excited to see what these entertainers will be doing exactly! Maybe walking in front of people stopping them and letting others pass? ;D (i can totally imagine this)

Yesterday was John Lewis day, so here are loads of updates from around the park!
X-Sell has had a complete makeover, new floor, lights, counters, TVs and more!

1966913_624741987596249_1441455871_n.jpg

1966797_624741530929628_1941541696_n.jpg

1939621_624740494263065_506391974_n.jpg

1924399_624740320929749_630902305_n.jpg

1920107_624740334263081_2018930165_n.jpg

554762_624740314263083_1563407070_n.jpg

Corner Coffee has also had a makeover, the outside has been repainted with new signs, and inside (sorry no photos) is now very yellow and red, and has lots of ride graphics on the walls):

1981970_624738814263233_2047585334_n.jpg

1977370_624737760930005_724569920_n.jpg

1978673_624737984263316_1164460063_n.jpg

I love the look Oblivion's shop...it looks a lot fresher now! It had started to get a little tatty and tired looking of late. It's nice that they're touching up bits here and there. It's a pity it isn't more park wide though! :)

I think I've actually been won over by Corner Coffee's new look, although I'll need to see it in the flesh to see how I truly feel about it. X-Sell on the other hand looks so much better in the images and I can only presume it looks better in person.

I think X-Sell looks really nice in real life, its bright and modern and fits to Oblivions theme perfectly. Fron what I can tell its had a new floor, new lighting (with large Oblivion logos) and new counters. They have also moved the till to the wall of the arcade and the entrance to the arcade it now near the back of the shop and is much wider than it used to be. There are also three or four large TVs, which are similar to the ones in the Smiler shop, when you walk in front of them, it puts Oblivion clothing items on you, you can then move your arms and select items you wish to try on, then it tells you about the item and the price. When you walk away it says "Don't Look Down".

Corner Coffee doesn't look so bad in real life, its very bright and colourful, but that will fit in next to CBeebies, its also nice that is has finally had a makeover, the old look was very worn out.

Strange that they've altered the exit route again. When Oblivion opened the exit from X-sell into X-Cite was at the back of the building, but was moved to the front a few years ago and they forced you to go further through the arcade at the same time. Surely there must be some logic behind changing it back?

I wonder why they got rid of the suspended cubes in X-Sell? They looked cooler than MORE Oblivion logos (I wish Merlin would realise there is more substance to the theme than this).

New floor - now devoid of any themed designs.

New TVs - simply to sell more merchandise.

Any interesting changes happen this closed season? :p

I think the new X-Sell looks nice. I've always liked the prominemt use of the Oblivion logo.

Although I really dont understand Alton's issue with using the actual font for their ride logos on the newer merch/park signs.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I wonder why they got rid of the suspended cubes in X-Sell? They looked cooler than MORE Oblivion logos (I wish Merlin would realise there is more substance to the theme than this).

New floor - now devoid of any themed designs.

New TVs - simply to sell more merchandise.

Any interesting changes happen this closed season? :p

The cubes where looking tired and naff, the shop looks really good after the refurb. The TV's are a cute touch even if it's to try and sell stuff.

Not convinced on corner coffee though.

Corner Coffee doesn't look too bad. A refresh is always good! Not sure about the random painted bricks but I suppose it will sit nicely beside the colourful CBeebies Land (when it opens).