• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Anyone know if the actual Towers ruins will be open during Feb Half Term? Also, have they got rid of the Sanctuary stuff? If so, will this potentially mean an extra bit of the Towers is open to walk around compared with pre-Sanctuary? Or will it most likely just be the same as before the Sanctuary went in?

I think the towers will be open, when I went for the Christmas event in January all the Scarefest things had been removed, certainly from conservatory and the rubble maze room of TOTT. However unsure on Sanctuary section, it was left up all of last season, so I imagine it might be closed again.

Cheers. I was hoping that they'd decided that The Sanctuary was going to be discontinued and they'd ripped the lot out ;)

BarryZola said:
Cheers. I was hoping that they'd decided that The Sanctuary was going to be discontinued and they'd ripped the lot out ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting the music room and poets bay open though.

Has it been confirmed whether The Sanctuary will be returning this year, or if another scare event will be in use in that part of the Towers? It does annoy me that this part of the Towers has been closed off completely all season in the past couple of years for an event that lasts probably a couple of months.

In an ideal world they would have an event such as the Sanctuary installed for a couple of months and then all the stuff removed again until the next winter, so people can access that part of the house. I completely understand that the Sanctuary has been successful for Towers (as far as I can tell) and people really enjoy it. I've got no problem with the attraction being there at all, although it's not to my personal taste.

By leaving all its bits and pieces there all year though, meaning no access for people who want to have a walk around this part of the ruins occasionally, it makes people like me start to despise the event a bit.

In short, that area of the Towers needs to be open when the Sanctuary is not in its couple of months of operation (or however long it is).

I'm not sure if it was confirmed although I remember Pete Cliff implying that there's nothing more that can be done with The Sanctuary concept and it's come to an end. Seems to point towards it leaving this year (but who knows with Towers since the Scarefest budget is usually a tight one).

I agree that they should remove everything from the Towers and open it up. Last year it made sense in the end as the Sanctuary opened at the start of the season although with that not happening this year it's strange they would leave all or half of it up. They've had a fair few months to move it all into storage!

He did say its had its day and he would have not bothered with it for the 2013 season, however he doesn't really have a say in it, its up to management and the marketing department (they seem to rule the world at Merlin).

I imagine it will stick around for a few more years.

Just thought I'd point out a glitch on the Towers site - it's showing as £48 to book in advance for Wednesday and Thursday this week, but then back down to £15 thereafter. Get it sorted!

I've just heard that Nemesis was apparently only running one train with 3 rows today!
Is this true?!

Nemesis was struggling to cut through a queue that in theory, should have been no longer than five minutes. Yet thanks to the one train/three row set up on offer, it was building up a thirty minute queue at one point with the throughput struggling to get any higher than 220 [ish]. Even the thrill rides at Blackpool can top that.

One plus point from today is that the Trommel Tunnel in Duel has finally been fixed, after not working for quite a bit of last season.

The old CT's in the Octagon in Hex, have been replaced with flat screens. Much to my distaste, totally out of place and leave a distracting glow before the curtain rises.

Don't like them.