• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Yeah, looks too temporary to be anything of significance. Something for a corporate event? Maybe Scarefest? Could be a sales and info booth for Scarefest tickets, would make sense since it's nearer the Towers. But then it's in a very odd location so most likely something else.

I'd be surprised if it is to do with Scarefest, that's still quite a way off. It wouldn't take 3 months to build a temporary building. I suppose it could be initial preperations for something that will eventually be put on the site for Scarefest though.

Whatever it is it has to be temporary as there's been no planning permission and even if they ever tried to get it for something in that position they'd stand no chance!

:)

I'm gonna put my bets down on it being some sort of showcase thing - it's looking temporary, and it wouldn't be fastrack because they have a unit *right next door*. I'm gonna say something like the Windows thing.. maybe like advertising something?

On a different topic Sainsburys and Nectar are running their Double up and more offer again this summer where you can exchange your points for vouchers for days out with points worth up to 4 times there normal value. This includes 500 points (normally worth £2.50 sat sainsburys) worth £10 for Thorpe Park and Chessington (meaning you could effectively get a ticket for only £12.50) last year this offer included Alton Towers, however this year all merlin attractions are listed excluding Alton. I would assume this means Alton are performing well in regards to attendance this season and dont need all the extra offers to get people through the gates.

Quick word on some ludicrously fast and efficient service from Social Media then Annual Pass team. Solved a problem within half an hour at gone 6pm.

Credit where due.

I really like the Social Media interactions, Since finding their feet they have been a great addition to AT's family

Anyone know what is happening with the Rapids? According to ridetimes and comments on FB they have been down all week.

Without knowing what's actually happening I would hazard that there is an issue which requires some parts to be shipped or sourced.

For it to take this long it must presumably be something to do with the lift or turntable.

Without knowing what's actually happening I would hazard that there is an issue which requires some parts to be shipped or sourced.

For it to take this long it must presumably be something to do with the lift or turntable.

Could be something to do with the generators/pump machinery too.

From 25th July until 1st August 2014, Alton Towers will be trialing a new Early Ride Time set up. X-Sector and Cbeebies Land will be the areas open for ERT confining people to that side of the park. Thoughts?

I personally think it's a good idea to keep all the attractions close together and including The Smiler on the list is quite the positive considering the queue times it get's during the day. :)

Perhaps a trial of some sort for the summer? It seems odd the duration is only for a week. Nonetheless, it's great to see the popular rides of the moment becoming part of the line up (never did I expect to see The Smiler on ERT until 2015 at the earliest) and will hopefully reduce the mad rush for plenty of guests at the start of the day. I look forward to seeing how it turns out this weekend.

I guess it makes sense as it includes two of the newest attractions, plus it makes opening one side of the park far easier. Should help with traffic flow too!

Oh no... I can see them having the ERT entrance still at the MB bridge! *FACEPALM*

Strange that the Rapids are still down, must be a major issue. They were closed all day on Sunday which was very disappointing considering the weather (it would actually be disappointing even if it had been freezing cold)! It's the first time I've ever seen them down for the whole day.

As for the ERT change, it is peculiar that they're changing it for just a week initially in the middle of the season. Obviously it is a trial and if it's successful that line-up will continue. Good to see that The Smiler is on ERT though.

:)

Could be something to do with the generators/pump machinery too.

If they have let 2 pumps go down that is poor, or just plain unlucky. The spare pump is tested every day I thought, so if it fails the ride can still keep going. I'm sure they can (but not always choose to) run with 2 pumps anyway? Most likely the lift or the turntable.

Oh no... I can see them having the ERT entrance still at the MB bridge! *FACEPALM*

I would imagine you are right Tom. If they are keeping the valley & the rest of the park shut it would make sense, they only other contributing factor is the woodland walk, so maybe they wont?

I personally believe that the ERT gate will be moved over towards X Sector as there's no point in having guests trundle around for the sake of it. It'll be the logical thing to do, but what method they use of administering guests into ERT remains to be seen I suppose.