• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

They'll definitely move the entrance to the more logical way, guests are naturally going to take the main pathway to X-Sector if it is on ERT. If they don't move it then they're mad!

:)

Visiting the park last Friday, we arrived about ten minutes before the end of ERT and there were staff stood by the pathway down to X-Sector and a number of temporary fences forming a queueline, presumably to stop guests from running? Not sure if this is a new feature that will be implemented with the new ERT trial.

Also by entering on the Spinball side of the park it keeps all ERT guests to one side for both X Sector & Cbeebies. They can push normal guests closer to Towers restaurant then.

Visiting the park last Friday, we arrived about ten minutes before the end of ERT and there were staff stood by the pathway down to X-Sector and a number of temporary fences forming a queueline, presumably to stop guests from running? Not sure if this is a new feature that will be implemented with the new ERT trial.
No idea why they don't allow running, all foreign theme parks I know of there's usually a mad dash/run to particular rides first thing in the morning.

Probably because it's a damn sight safer and more british?

Not everyone enjoys being mowed down by idiots wanting to join a queueline 10 people ahead you know.

No idea why they don't allow running, all foreign theme parks I know of there's usually a mad dash/run to particular rides first thing in the morning.

Disney walk you into the park to prevent running, the rope stopping you getting in is never removed, just walked further and further into the park.

People run to rides at Towers anyway. I've seen people do it with Air and Nemmy in the morning, and during ERT once people have got past Battle Galleons. :p

I've done a run to Oblivion before from the turnstiles, via Mutiny Bay. God it was painful, but worth it.

I can admit to jogging up oblivion shill when it was in early ride time and around forbidden valley to get 5 rides and nemesis at the end of the day, it was worth it though because if I walked I would have got one ride, I do remember on my first visit to Drayton major in Thomas land a few years ago, maybe 2008 when I was 7 or 8 running around troublesome trucks only to face plant into the station. One of the most embarrassing things :oops: Probably why I have a strange dislike for that station for the ride but I have never had any injuries at towers before :D Can't believe how the smiler is in ert though after only a year with constant problems I would expect to have seen it be 2016 at least before it got put on though as I imagine it should need more inspections and tests in the morning.

The fences were put in place when the new ERT system came in to place last year. They have a fence near sonic and a fence near mutiny bay, so only guests with ERT can get in the park, the rest have to queue to make it a bit more organised when the park opens at 10.

With the new system I imagine they will just have staff stood near CBeebies land entrance and X-Sector entrance, checking tickets/passes. And normal guests will be able to go around the park as normal.

The new system worked well in my opinion. Guests were free to roam the park until 10:00 & queue for the rides. X-Sector & Cbeebies land had manned staff at the fences checking tickets. The X-Sector queue for non ERT users was started at the entrance & was using the path up to the towers.

Was great to walk straight onto the Smiler this morning but Oblivion was dead. Cars with only 3 guests were seen.

The only down side for me was guests being able to queue for other rides before 10:00 meaning less time for ERT users to take advantage of an empty park before the masses arrived.

I don't see why that's a disadvantage? As nothing else is open until 10, what is there for ERT users to take advantage of in an empty park?

I don't see why that's a disadvantage? As nothing else is open until 10, what is there for ERT users to take advantage of in an empty park?
Because at 9:55 you can get to your next non ERT ride before the masses & it's like a bonus early ride. Better for the masses though. Shame no kiosks were open though until go e 10:00 so there really was nothing for people to do.

I think they removed it as it was completely rotten and beyond repair. A replacement might be nice...

Wasn't' sure where to put this, but regardless it still gave me a giggle. According to Facebook, Thirteen has a staggering top speed of 24mph! Verbolten and Polar Xplorer also don't appear to exist.

10553419_10152527106651201_8778606927868833909_n.jpg

Wasn't' sure where to put this, but regardless it still gave me a giggle. According to Facebook, Thirteen has a staggering top speed of 24mph! Verbolten and Polar Xplorer also don't appear to exist.

10553419_10152527106651201_8778606927868833909_n.jpg
Just saw this and it made me giggle.

Neither does Darkmare apparently either! That one's even an Intamin lol!!

"Face the unknown horror that lurks deep within the crypt... that we've just told you about".

And no, before anyone decides to get a fit of cockiness, not everyone does know what it does still.