• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

I think moving the main entrance away from Towers Street would make Alton Towers lose what little magic is has left.

If anything I would like to see Towers Street moved to where Magic HQ so you get an even better view of the Towers when you enter the Park. This along with tarmacing the current fields used for the overflow car parks could make it a walkable distance to the entrance and scrap the need of the monorail (which would be sad to see it leave). This would allow CBeebies land to be extend to where Towers Street used to be, and further attractions developed on the old car parks.

Looking at Alton Towers on Google Maps, I can just not see where a 2nd entrance would go, that makes any sense.

When it comes to Merlin, anything that does not make sense is possible.

Ian

The problem I see with placing the entrance to Magic HQ building currently location, is the issue with trees that blocks the views from direction. Does any of them have preservation orders? Also what will happened with mutiny bay area.

Surely a way to ease the burden on the monorail would be to open up the gates that are in FV so that visitors can only leave the park and not enter it.

This would help massively especially around scarefest and fireworks as the amount of walking starts to take its toll by 8pm lol

Surely a way to ease the burden on the monorail would be to open up the gates that are in FV so that visitors can only leave the park and not enter it.

This would help massively especially around scarefest and fireworks as the amount of walking starts to take its toll by 8pm lol

This is already done on fireworks nights. They open the gates between Sharkbait Reef and the Katanga Csnyon sign as soon as fireworks finish so those who aren't staying for rides in the dark can get out. Then the gates near the entrance to Air are also opened. We plan if in the park for fireworks on those gates being open so we can get a last ride at 9pm on Air/Nemesis before leaving.

This is already done on fireworks nights. They open the gates between Sharkbait Reef and the Katanga Csnyon sign as soon as fireworks finish so those who aren't staying for rides in the dark can get out. Then the gates near the entrance to Air are also opened. We plan if in the park for fireworks on those gates being open so we can get a last ride at 9pm on Air/Nemesis before leaving.
They also hand out leaflets detailing the locations of extra exits and car parks and encourage guests to not use the monorail to save time :)

We did the same thing last year, really good idea, would be good if they had the air exit open all year round, only as an exit of course

Nope, it's only ever done when they have a large volume of people who all want to exit the park at the same time. So concerts and fireworks.

:)

A hotel entrance in FV would be good, a lot of parks have a separate resort entrance.

So its logically viable for them to use this, they should roll it out as a NORMAL operating procedure thus reducing footfall on the Monorail at the end of the day.

Perhaps they could consider using an electric train like vehicle which would drive between the car park and entrance at other times of the day

Perhaps they could consider using an electric train like vehicle which would drive between the car park and entrance at other times of the day

Like the Sun Liner Trains they had between 1984–1986?
If they themed them as a train would the driver go Choo Choo before starting off :D

Last edited:
So its logically viable for them to use this, they should roll it out as a NORMAL operating procedure thus reducing footfall on the Monorail at the end of the day.

But then guests won't pass those final few wallet emptying hurdles in Towers Street!

That's why they only do it when H&S demands it.

I don't really spend that much anymore, but some donuts and a quick mooch around Towers Trading extends the day a little. I'm not entirely sure I'd use the back entrance/exit (ooh er missus!)

At the park today and it is probably the quietest I've ever seen it.

They seem to have adopted an approach of quite literally shouting at guests to buy photo passes as they are walking through the turnstiles now. It could be heard across the whole plaza and is an awful welcome.

They must have missed last month's target and are trying to make up for it. It's just shoddy and unprofessional.
I've noticed that the parks seem to be becoming less and less the focus and more and more just a massive advertising space.

I hate it when they hover around the bath next to Battle Galleons and literally stop you from walking past "WANT YOUR PHOTO TAKEN GUYS". Err, no thanks.

It's understandable they have targets to hit, but shouting and getting in guest faces really isn't the way to do it.

What is the bloody point of it? Every electronic device people own has a camera built in these days. I'm pretty sure that a party of five guests will on average have six cameras on them (a phone each and lets say one proper camera in the group). Does anyone actually say yes to these people? Much less actually buy one?

It's not just Towers. We had it all day long at Blackpool Pleasure Beach the other week with the same person asking us every time we walked past! I do agree that there's not much point now when pretty much everyone has a camera on them.

:)