• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

If there were some changes to the infrastructure of Dark Forest (food outlets being removed and places in different parts of the area) they could have even made some major changes to Rita's queueline. Which would have complimented the area more and would have left Th13teen feeling that little bit more immersive.

I have commented before on theming Rita, Mainly the scaffold tunnel.
They could turn it into trees with branches following the safety envelope so they look like they are going to try and grab the train as it passes. This with QTXAdsy Theming idea would really give it a dark forest theme.

The Towers are on fire...
5eeb50a760d7c1dbd804073869522124.jpg
8283b88b5e67c7ba875f50f74fbca0b7.jpg

It appears that a member of staff has put it out with a fire extinguisher.

:)

Just a few quick comments yesterday:

The smoke being emitted from the rides was astonishing. RMT was billowing out more smoke than Diogo could manage in a week and it really made a difference. The same with Hex too, it's little effects like this that make a great deal of an improvement.

For a moment yesterday, I briefly thought I was at Europa. The insane commitment to batching from Thirteen's team was so much quicker than I've ever seen before, and combined with an epic night ride, that was easily the best ride I've ever had on Thirteen.

Glad to see the lighting remained the same in Dark Forest too. The Towers lighting was absolutely gorgeous as well, so I'm having high hopes for lighting next year.

Fireworks. Not impressed overly to be honest. It lacked the imagination that 2013's story had and the fireworks themselves weren't as impressive. The expansive use of fire and the water screens however were a real treat and I really hope to see this side of the event expand next year.

I can see your point about the fireworks @Danny and I would say I agree. Some choices for the tracks this year were slightly stronger but others were very weak.

I'm sad to see that this year's story didn't seem to flow as well as last years narrative. It would have been nice to really forget the idea of memories/dreams and work with something completely new (but marketing weren't so keen).

The battle could have been so much more. It's nice to see towers really making an effort with re-introducing narratives and also effects like the water screen etc. I just wish ents were allowed to be free and do what they really want.

No, not a big on-site advert. But marketing have the final say on the "story" and it really is restricting the capabilities of the entertainments' creativity.

I spotted that on my last visit, I notice a certain Sonic, RMT, Cbeebies land etc but a distinct lack of anything else...

If they knew they were going to be doing some, removal work, in FV they'd probably keep that closed off wouldn't they?

Nemesis has been a staple of FHT for how long? Yet I never noticed her on the poster?

I spotted that on my last visit, I notice a certain Sonic, RMT, Cbeebies land etc but a distinct lack of anything else...

If they knew they were going to be doing some, removal work, in FV they'd probably keep that closed off wouldn't they?

Nemesis has been a staple of FHT for how long? Yet I never noticed her on the poster?

Nemesis might be undergoing some...maintenance next year though. 21st birthday and all. We can hope anyway. :p

Would like to hope so, they did indicate there was something coming for the 21st season since they did nothing for the 20th (general clean up would go very far, bring back the blood and maybe turn the last car backwards?)