• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014 Opening Dates Announced

Although no times past February, the park have at least now put up their 2014 calendar.

It says that opening day will be SUNDAY :/ 16th March.

My initial reaction was that this is much earlier than I expected and my second thoughts were "why on earth is opening day a Sunday?!!" I've never known them do this before. Possible typo? Or is there an actual reason for this?

The opening times page on the Alton Towers website is notoriously unreliable until much closer to the start of the season.

Enter Valhalla said:
You can book tickets from the 16th though....

If you click on that link it directs you to the booking system, which only allows tickets to be bought from the 22nd :)

Enter Valhalla said:
You can book tickets from the 16th though....

xMejAz1.png

The booking system itself won't let you - so I think they've cocked it up a bit xD

EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON.

I love it, you think Alton would learn - nope! I did laugh as soon as I saw the topic, I knew what was coming.

I'm starting to think the management team is actually a group of monkeys trained to throw ping pong balls into different hoops to make decisions, and only by fluke are things ever agreed on

My one defence (it's a small one and doesn't really defend them)... Most companies don't have their sites poured over by geeks checking for every update. My guess is someone is going through the site changing 2013 into 2014.

The dates on the calendar are last years dates so they clearly haven't got around to editing that yet. Why this isn't a defense is if you can't take a page off-line to update it then make all amendments to content before changing the page titles. They should have worked out by now that some geek will be checking.

It's not just geeks checking. It's quite feasible that a member of the public could go to try and look at the website to find when the park is open, see that it state that it's open from Sunday 16th March and assume that the information is correct (it's the official website, why should they assume otherwise?). Said person may then book a hotel in the local area following their planned trip on Sunday 16th March, as they want to book it whilst prices are cheaper a while in advance.

Yes it's an unlikely scenario but it is plausible.

:)

Rob said:
It's not just geeks checking. It's quite feasible that a member of the public could go to try and look at the website to find when the park is open, see that it state that it's open from Sunday 16th March and assume that the information is correct (it's the official website, why should they assume otherwise?). Said person may then book a hotel in the local area following their planned trip on Sunday 16th March, as they want to book it whilst prices are cheaper a while in advance.

Yes it's an unlikely scenario but it is plausible.

:)

i agree thats exactly why i said it wasn't really an excuse, i just reckon thats their reasoning.

Seems they've fixed the March onwards date.

In doing so, have killed February. Open Sunday through to the Monday week after according to page.

Oops.

thefatone said:
Seems they've fixed the March onwards date.

In doing so, have killed February. Open Sunday through to the Monday week after according to page.

Oops.

::)
Stay classy Towers