• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Given that it was quite clearly set up to have two Towers from opening, you have to question why it's taken them nearly 2 years to add the second one...

Maybe they wanted to wait and see what the demand for the ride was before adding a second. No point have two if the one rarely got a queue. However it's always had a 10-15 minute queue when I've been so the decision to add a second has been justified.

I did expect the second one to be in place for the start of the 2015 season but winter season is fine by me!

:)

Given that it was quite clearly set up to have two Towers from opening, you have to question why it's taken them nearly 2 years to add the second one...

It is as above.

Waiting to judge capacity requirements before adding it. Fairly logical - the queue for Poppy Tower was regularly 15-20 minutes. In fact, the whole Arthur complex is incredibly popular.

It seems the park is getting more popular - with winter season this year seeing a few more extended closes than usual.

It was extended to 8.30pm last night and 7.30pm tonight

Good to see.

It seems the park is getting more popular - with winter season this year seeing a few more extended closes than usual.

It was extended to 8.30pm last night and 7.30pm tonight

Good to see.
At least one park in Europe is doing well

So, Europa-Park have confirmed a 10% rise in guest numbers during 2015 - 5.5 million in total - another new record! Quite incredible when you think that there was no major new ride.

:D

I am quite shocked by the 1/2 million increase in guests.

I would imagine that EP will remain 2nd in Europe following Parc Disneyland.

If the hotels are running at 98% already, is there any concern that they might run out of capacity before the new hotel is built? I wonder if they might try to become more integrated with some of Rust's guesthouses and hotels, offer cheaper tickets or spa access or something similar?

We hear ths statistic about EP hotels all the time.... but how full are the thirteen billion guest houses that surround the park?

Given that we were able to get 2 rooms from 29th Dec - 2nd Jan at 30min notice, apparently not that full. I suspect there's a lot of people who check EP accommodation first and only then look in the village if they can't get on resort

Given that we were able to get 2 rooms from 29th Dec - 2nd Jan at 30min notice, apparently not that full. I suspect there's a lot of people who check EP accommodation first and only then look in the village if they can't get on resort

There were only 2 place with accommodation in the village over New Year on booking.com, at least.

I don't think EP are concerned about any of this. They would rather steadily expand rather than go down the Disneyland Paris or PortAventura route.

A video has been posted on the Europa-Park YouTube channel of the dinner show "Cirque d'Europe"! I'm still not entirely sure of any details about it, but it's basically a comedy variety show with the audience sitting around tables, eating from the 2 Michelin Star menu.

:)