• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

The most recent episode of 'Click', the technology show shown on the BBC News channel, features a segment about the virtual coaster technology, and is currently available here on BBC iPlayer. Worth a watch. :)

Brilliant little promotion of EP there, showed the park off really well. I love how they were just casually allowed to film under the station of Alpen Express!

I really am not a fan of VR technology on coasters though, not at all. So EP, please don't bring this in full time once you've finished testing, keep it as an experience that people can choose if they wish.

:)

f09c5c1f65140a443bc644907eaa2e2c.jpg

Something about a London bus getting to Europa (maybe starting to advertise in Britain to hopefully take over Disney Paris)

I've noticed the park are doing more and more in English. More promotional videos in English, Roland's book in English and were also shown on bbc's click.

Maybe once they've built their next hotel we will see marketing in this country. I know they only market in some regions of Germany and France and they achieve loads of visitors every year but I am convinced they will market more over here.

Indeed they are, and all of their recent Facebook updates have been in English. They certainly seem to be trying to attract more English visitors at present.

Both Europa and Efteling have started branching out into the UK market... Think they've realised that there is a slightly untapped potential for both parks, especially when the competition consists of DLP and PA, so it's not really an oversaturated market to enter...

Virtual Alpenexpress opens 17 September according to a photo posted by Europa-Park (Fans)

This has also been confirmed by Europa Park on their Facebook.

It seems that the slots are in limited supply and you will have to get a ticket from the info centre or at the hotel guest relation desks. you then collect the headset from the ride exit and return it at the end.

Doesn't say if this is at an additional cost or not but I will be trying it in October if I can get a ticket. Looks like the option to ride without the headset will remain as it is

So... Whale Adventures reopened without much fanfare

All my favourite bits of the old ride seem to be there (the wave machine and supper powerful water canons) but the wetness has been drastically turned down in favour of scenery. There is still one part when boats can fire at each other but it's mostly aiming at targets (assuming they work more often than before). Overall it looks to be an improvement and certainly adds more thematically to the area but will the water battle part still put people off?

Anyone had the chance to ride it?

Also has the old queue out the back gone? Is anything in its place?

So... Whale Adventures reopened without much fanfare

All my favourite bits of the old ride seem to be there (the wave machine and supper powerful water canons) but the wetness has been drastically turned down in favour of scenery. There is still one part when boats can fire at each other but it's mostly aiming at targets (assuming they work more often than before). Overall it looks to be an improvement and certainly adds more thematically to the area but will the water battle part still put people off?

Anyone had the chance to ride it?

Also has the old queue out the back gone? Is anything in its place?

I went on the new Whale Adventures last week, and I think it's a bit of an improvement. I know that the whole point of a Splash Battle is to get wet, but I think it works better using the cannons to hit targets instead. The dark ride section is quite nice, but nothing too special. As for the old queue around the back opposite Wodan, that's kinda still there, forming a part of the ride's new exit, which I think is a little bit weird. Still, I liked it.

Visiting later this month again really can't wait now. Also taking a EP Virgin and she is excited, might give the VR a try.

Visiting later this month again really can't wait now. Also taking a EP Virgin and she is excited, might give the VR a try.

Remember - the VR is only available for hotel guests and annual pass holders.

If you are either, or both, of those - then you are sorted.

My thoughts about my visit last week.

- Smokers in queue lines still a big issue. I don't mind so much just walking around the park, but when you're in a queue and you can't escape it it's not pleasant. Staff around the queues could do more as they don't do anything. Culture change is needed. People were doing it in more family based rides like Arthur, won't someone think of the children?!?!
- Queue jumping. Not as much of an issue, but still happens often.
- The area around Eurosat and Silver Star is a bit of a nightmare really. It feels incredibly crowded.
- Blue Fire better than I remembered from 2014, it felt more forceful. First couple of rides of Wodan weren't as good as I remembered, but then the rest were fantastic again.
- Visited the spa in Colosseo for the first time. Really nice, staff were pleasant and helpful too.
- Service around the park and in hotels was great.
- Harbourside buffet, all the food was exceptional though I feel like they could actually have a few more dishes to choose from, particularly the asian wok.
- Reasonable prices around the park too. I love that you can get Erdinger on tap from pretty much anywhere, and for only €3.90.

Despite a few things, the resort is still miles ahead of any European theme park i've visited, including DLP. The overall experience is at such a high standard it's a great place to be with a very warm atmosphere.

Just doubling the throughput of an existing ride, as you do! Only at EP - brilliant stuff!

Given that it was quite clearly set up to have two Towers from opening, you have to question why it's taken them nearly 2 years to add the second one...