• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

There were a handful of things I didn't do that weren't rides, but I would rather experience the awesome rides again than see a show or film thing (unless it's raining of course!), when I have to choose one thing to do for last attraction of the day. :)

Last edited:
The sheer amount of different experiences available at EP is staggering.

You can pretty much approach it from every angle and still find something to do that suits what you're looking for.

The new dome is a lovely addition (once inside). The film is very high quality with a strange but amusing ending. For a temporary attraction I would say very nice - the bean bags are very comfy also! They've not quite finished work on the entrance tunnel to the dome though.

Expect a much more detailed post of EP 2015 once I am home with lots of photos. Overall though the park has been better than ever. Oh and they've clearly spend a lot of money on nice projectors over the closed season! :p

:)

Didn't you have three days...? Easily enough time to do everything.
I don't think that is really true any more, it certainly was until Wodan opened but with that and Arthur there's currently too many rides I place in the "at least once per day category" that it's almost impossible to get everything done even in 3 days.

A few years ago we'd go to the park and ride absolutely everything over the course of a trip and do several shows, now we go on a much narrow range of rides because we're spending so much time on the 3 newest coasters - I didn't go near the slides or on any of the small rides in France on either of my most recent visits for example.

Reactions: Sam
We've just had three and a half days on park. Today was moderate (between 30-45 mins for the major coasters) but the previous days, especially yesterday, were dead. Ok we weren't pushing it but there were still rides we didn't get done.

EP have got a very good 'tactic' going on. There is so much going on that you easily get distracted whilst on your way somewhere. It means you end up doing things that you didn't plan and that you might not get some of the things you did plan done. Therefore they make sure you will need to come back! Win win for all!

Does anyone know the name of the song that EP use in their yearly update videos? Cheers.

EP have got a very good 'tactic' going on. There is so much going on that you easily get distracted whilst on your way somewhere. It means you end up doing things that you didn't plan and that you might not get some of the things you did plan done. Therefore they make sure you will need to come back! Win win for all!
As opposed to Disneyland Paris which I feel tries to do similar but fails in a very annoying way. The last time I visited was for 4 days. The 1st day we did most of the main park and thought "great, we'll easily get chance to do everything". But slow queues and shorter opening hours of the studios park made getting on some rides such a hassle we ended up burning most of the next 3 days waiting for those few rides.

EP on the other hand keep all queues modest so there's no silly trade of such as 1 ride on Tower of Terror or 10 on Space Mountain.

Spook Me, the EP musical themed to the story of Geisterschloss which has been receiving standing ovations, is now available as a live DVD edition with bundled extras including a Making Of with Hendrik Schwarzer and much more:

Also, unsure if it has been mentioned on here but Spook Me! now includes English subtitles/narration during the show in addition to French. The screen on the right of the stage has the English and the screen on the left the French.
A very good modification, the show is much more enjoyable when fully understanding what is going on.

It still got a standing ovation from parts of the audience as well.

Awww that was a nice fountain, I wonder why they got rid...?

There is a new fountain a few meters away.

030415k.jpg

And the old one has been recycled in Piraten in Batavia.

030415h.jpg

Reactions: Rob
The book that Sam mentioned earlier in this topic has now been released online, entitled People & Feelings Europa-Park.

Translated description:
EP Online Shop said:
A lovingly crafted homage to the Europa Park. On page two hundred and tell players, friends and companions their history and stories about Germany's biggest theme park.

With passion the entertaining reports are supplemented by fascinating photos.

A book that shows a lot more than just the company Europa Park. A book that shows a family that has worked with healthy earthiness and high motivation to the forefront of international theme park industry.

Looks lovely! However it does look like it is only in German. We can only hope for an English release, although I fear this is unlikely.