• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Will be somewhat sad if they get a new 4D show for next year. The Secret of Balthasar Castle is such a fun show, and arguably the best 4D show in any theme park I have been to. Glad we got to watch it for what could have been a final time on Saturday.

:)

Reactions: Tim
The idea is to play both New show featuring the Rustis and The Secret of Balthasar Castle, like they did this year with Arthur.

Reactions: Rob
Eurgh, the Rustis. No thanks. I hope it's a Euromaus/Arthur show instead.

The first 2015 project has been confirmed in the Stuttgarter. The park are building a new studio for television productions, at an unknown location. My guess would be somewhere around the Confertainment Centre.

The article also says that the park are spending "several million euros in the next season." On top of a new 4D film, I would be highly surprised if there was no new hardware in the park. I expect to see a second Poppy Tower in the Arthur hall as well as perhaps a new small ride in England, or similar.

This being EP, there is a reasonable high possibility that they could surprise us with something more significant. Something the park is seriously lacking is a coaster for really small kids, like Troublesome Trucks. I would expect to see that in the next few seasons, if not 2015.

Heading toward the 2015 season, I thought you'd all appreciate this little video on Europa-Park 1991... complete with many, many disturbing animatronics!

It's bigger than I thought it would have been back then.

And just in case that wasn't far enough, I found another one from 1978?!

Enjoy Europa Fans.

It's quite weird looking at them videos, I can still recognise most areas and rides on it, but then some of it looks so different now, like on the first video where you see EuroSat next to one big car park, where as now you have Silver Star and various other things next to it.

Also at 5.37 in the first video I see Charlie Chaplin still worked at the park back then doing the same old tricks! Out of interest where did the dolphin show used to be?

The 1978 video is even weirder, to see rides like the log flume just sat there un themed, or places that are still on park today that still look the same, like the motorised cars in England. Also why are them god awful green and yellow food outlets still the same near foodloop as they were in 1987!

Last edited:
What the hell were those giant animatronic cows? They are nightmare fuel!

Those videos are a great find! Interesting to see how the park developed between 1978 and 1991, let alone between 1991 and today! It looks so weird seeing the park back then, missing so many attractions and areas. It really is quite amazing how it's transformed so much and so rapidly really. Makes you wonder how it will be in another 10 or 20 years time.

:)

EP have gained planning permission for new employee parking.

lf2FLqL.gif

The roundabout is the one with Euromaus on it, near Mir. This opens up the possibility of some of the existing employee car parking around Mir and the back of Blue Fire being turned into park. Also, the Eagles Charity Golf Club has awarded Roland Mack with, err, the 'Prize for Humanity'. Surely the Nobel can't be far off...?

Clx8qkm.jpg

Err, slightly weird news but apparently Roland announced at a press conference today that for 2015 the park will build a "transportation system" between the car park and the entrance.

zzVGq4X.jpg

Something like this bad-boy at Universal presumably.

Is there enough room for a monorail at EP?

They already have two :). One full size which goes around the park and stops in Greece, Spain (for the hotels) and the entrance. The smaller one travels between the building that houses Historama/Food Loop over to Iceland :).

The larger monorail isn't really suitable for expansion, as it's long enough already. I guess what they're ultimately looking for is something that gets guests from wherever they are in the car park over to the entrance. As Sam suggested, Universal's travellators would work well for this considering there's a long straight walkway covering much of the length of the main carpark already.

Is there enough room for a monorail at EP?

The distance from the car parks at EP to the park entrance really isn't enough to warrant something as significant as a monorail. For the distance it is required to cover, a travelator really will be more efficient.

So as Rob says... Well, why not!!

I'm very much looking forward to next season at EP. Having had no significant announcement for the 40th Birthday, I feel the park will see lots of small but welcomed improvements such as this. :D

To be fair, the distance isn't really significant enough to warrant any sort of transport system at the moment, but maybe they're just thinking ahead :p

Err, slightly weird news but apparently Roland announced at a press conference today that for 2015 the park will build a "transportation system" between the car park and the entrance.

Something like this bad-boy at Universal presumably.

Does this count as a credit?