• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Not a good year for the towers at all, i regret getting my premium pass this year. Lets hope the next couple of years are great.

On the hottest day of the year, the last place you want to be is in a theme park, with queues that are open to the blazing sun.

Exactly the reason why tonnes of Brits just don't flock to Florida each year to visit theme parks in extreme heat and humidity...

On the whole, good weather should equal good guest numbers! Weather is a huge factor when it comes to visitor numbers at theme parks.

:)

With all what's happened, I agree that 2015 isn't exactly a year that Merlin/Alton aren't going to be wanting to remember for a while...

Rita closed more than open today, I believe.

Exactly the reason why tonnes of Brits just don't flock to Florida each year to visit theme parks in extreme heat and humidity...
Although that's true, it's worth noting that that those parks are built for that climate and the infrastructure reflects that.

On the hottest day of the year, the last place you want to be is in a theme park, with queues that are open to the blazing sun.

If the park was busy, then I would agree. But judging by what Matt Creek is saying, 10 mins for the water rides on a hot day sounds good for the people there! Not good for Towers/Merlin in regards to guest numbers however. I wonder how busy Cariba Creek is though.

Although, rapids and flume would be on full capacity, and all but smiler, Rita and sub-terra is back open, though with no queues.

Maybe cos its the hottest day its so quiet, I know I wouldnt like to be queuing for rides in this heat :confused:

edit, someone already said this :)

I was on park yesterday afternoon for s couple of hours and the park certainly wasn't as busy as I would expect for a hot day in June, in the 2 hours I was on park I managed Sonic, 13, oblivion, air, RMT and Nemesis, all of which had very short queues or no queues at all.

The most shocking thing was when we walked past the Flume at 5.15 (5pm ride close) and the ride was empty with the staff ready to leave. I would normally expect it to have a massive queue on such a hot day.

The BBC are reporting that 80 guests had to be evacuated from the monorail today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-33357478

Oh bloody hell!! Arent't the media tired of these non-stories yet? Looks like a number of the papers are report it as well, I daren't go and read the Mirror's article. The BBC article states that "no injuries have been reported" - of course there weren't, nothing went wrong, rides just broke down like your car or computer might!!!

This however is just plain funny! Silly bus driver! :p

:)

Metro have the worst article. The headline writer read the article completely wrong.
The monorail was stuck with 80 people on board.
Air was stuck for 20 minutes on the lift hill (a very very normal occurrence).

Headline writer took the wrong numbers and came up with the following

"Alton Towers’ Air rollercoaster broke down for two hours trapping 80 people upside down"

WFT? Just by looking at the picture it is obvious Air cannot hold 80!!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/02/alton...ts-stranded-upside-down-5275895/?ito=facebook

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/02/alton...ts-stranded-upside-down-5275895/?ito=facebook

Stranded.

Upside.

Down.

Can't have been comfortable when it was 28ish degrees, especially or Air, but they're scraping the bottom of the barrel of these "roller coaster accidents" ever since the smiler.

A ride could creak for a second and it'd be in the papers. -_-

Air was on the lift hill for 20 minutes, that would be fine and has happened many times before. I've spent 10 minutes on the final brake run after an e-stop before and I would have been fine if I didn't need a wee!

Being stuck on the monorail in 28 degree heat for an hour, I agree that would have been very uncomfortable.

Air was on the lift hill for 20 minutes, that would be fine and has happened many times before. I've spent 10 minutes on the final brake run after an e-stop before and I would have been fine if I didn't need a wee!

Being stuck on the monorail in 28 degree heat for an hour, I agree that would have been very uncomfortable.

Yes, I know.

Maybe it's just me with a unpopular opinion, but I do feel air is quite uncomfortable if your stuck on it for a prolonged amount of time, especially on the brake run. It's not so bad on the lift simply due the angle you're laying at.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.