• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Have the lowered restraints assisted in lowering the height restriction at all? With the actors now absent, I heard minor rumblings that management were thinking of remodelling it into something more family friendly? If you've got a disaster on your hands, you may as well ensure more people can at least visit it and decide for themselves.

According to certain enthusiasts, posts and pictures on Facebook, it seems as though the Towers ruins have re-opened, with the addition of lighting, cameras and scaffolding. I can but assume this is all for Scarefest. Great to see it's back open though, I'll be sure to check it all out tomorrow. :)

Images credit to Paul Jones.
n2d3ma.jpg

2lic7km.jpg

Excellent, the CCTV is a welcome addition also. May not exactly fit in but helps them keep the Towers safe.

:)

Yeah, I've noticed it for at least the last 2-3 years. I do have a photo from 2011 though and it's not there, so no earlier than that. I always know I'm being watched in there. Lessens the chance slightly of anyone removing those plastic covers on the fireplaces and removing those Minton tiles at least!

Apparently the rubber flaps are still there, although I've got no idea what changes have been made to solve the issue of people not being able to ride though. Guess we'll see in the coming days!

In relation to the towers, The CCTV was added the year the conservatory got refurbished I believe. As they were also meant to be replacing the stain glass windows.

The scaffolding/lighting was added last season for the scarefest sleepovers in the upper parts of the towers.

I previously stated that I thought guest figures could be down about 10% between The Smiler incident and the end of the season. Well based on today's evidence that would be somewhat optimistic. The park was dead with no queue for any of the major coasters getting above 5 minutes (apart from Spinball during a small period of wet weather operation).

I previously stated that I thought guest figures could be down about 10% between The Smiler incident and the end of the season. Well based on today's evidence that would be somewhat optimistic. The park was dead with no queue for any of the major coasters getting above 5 minutes (apart from Spinball during a small period of wet weather operation).

hopefully it will pick up during August when the kids break up, maybe, :rolleyes: From a riders view its great the amount of ride time you can get at the min.
just have to hope we still get the investments in the park that have been planned and not have the money moved to other parks

It was the same yesterday ... from walk straight on to 5 mins max queue for everything except Rita & Sonic all day (couldn't believe my luck to be honest ... but not great for gate receipts I guess)

There was a large queue for Nitrogenie though so ice cream profits are definitely up :)

I was equally surprised at the lack of queues this week, especially Friday. I visited with college and the most I queued was probably 10 mins for Nemesis and about the same for Charlie. Pleasantly surprised at Oblivion's walk-on-ness. :p

It was the same yesterday ... from walk straight on to 5 mins max queue for everything except Rita & Sonic all day (couldn't believe my luck to be honest ... but not great for gate receipts I guess)

There was a large queue for Nitrogenie though so ice cream profits are definitely up :)
everytime I walked past the Icream Icecream shop people were queing, no one ever queued for waffles, least they got something right

Last edited:
What is nitrogenie? Seen it on the website but have no idea.

Give it until next Saturday. It will be packed.

What is nitrogenie? Seen it on the website but have no idea.

Give it until next Saturday. It will be packed.
Basically an ice cream shop where they make it very very smooth by using nitrogen. It's very expensive mind, however it can come in unlimited weird and wacky flavours!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.