• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just looked on the nitrogenie website. Wow. Lot of flavours, might try next time I go.

Disappointingly they only have about 8 of the eleventy billion website flavours available at AT :( but on the plus side it did look nice (if a little pricey ... not sure if they give MAP discount)

White vanilla clouds and swirly blue raspberry sky for Air :p green apple and black liquorice for Th13teen :D and the taste of pure awesomeness for Nemesis (also known as raspberry ripple!)

Was towers as quiet as it looked on queue times today? it looked like all the rides were 5 min or less, not sure it was the wimbledon final or because its not the summer holidays yet or whatever.....

Was towers as quiet as it looked on queue times today? it looked like all the rides were 5 min or less, not sure it was the wimbledon final or because its not the summer holidays yet or whatever.....

As I posted earlier yesterday, yes it was that quiet. We did not wait more than 5 minutes for any ride and many were walk on throughout the day. Spinball got a longer queue at one point due to wet weather operation. The park really was dead and the main car park can't have been more than one third full, with the 'Air' car park empty. That's just not normal for a weekend in July!
So what's happened with sub terra? Have they sorted out the restraints?

I did not ride Sub-Terra when it first re-opened but it appears they have changed some of the settings regarding how far the bars are able to come down. One member of our group who could not ride when it first re-opened as just about able to yesterday, albeit uncomfortably. They also now tell you very loudly once your restraint has been lowered not to try and get out of your seat until told to do so at the end of the ride. Clearly they have had major concerns about guests getting out of the ride.

:)

so it seems all rides bar the flume open at 10 now, dark forest opens at 10 , the rapids at 10, sub terra at 10

We tried the new Nitrogenie ice cream on Sunday, the concept is great the visual experience is amazing. the service was rubbish and the taste was disgusting,i waited over 20 mins for one large nuttella ella ella ice cream that tasted like cheep chocolate ice cream and at £4(with discount)was not impressed.the friends that we was with got there first ice cream then waited nearly 10 minutes for there next one to be made at which time the first one had melted, when they asked for it to be changed they was verbally abused by the lady that appeared to be in charge. certainly wont be going there again

We tried the new Nitrogenie ice cream on Sunday, the concept is great the visual experience is amazing. the service was rubbish and the taste was disgusting,i waited over 20 mins for one large nuttella ella ella ice cream that tasted like cheep chocolate ice cream and at £4(with discount)was not impressed.the friends that we was with got there first ice cream then waited nearly 10 minutes for there next one to be made at which time the first one had melted, when they asked for it to be changed they was verbally abused by the lady that appeared to be in charge. certainly wont be going there again
If you were verbally abused, I would recommend informing Alton Towers on their twitter page (@altontowers) or by filling in the contact form (http://www.altontowers.com/info-help/contact-us/).

we went to customers services and complained and filled the complaints form in on the ipads in box office.they said they should be in touch in 5/7 days(wont hold my breath). we allso posted on the Alton towers facebook page about her abusive attitude

I tried the nitrogen is on Sunday and I thought it was great. A bit of a wait but the lemon meringue pie flavour is amazing.

They don't do the full range but going from memory (I've probably missed one or two)
Pavlova pash
Nutella Ella Ella
Lemon meringue pie
Oreo vanilla
Triple choc brownie
Choc honeycomb
Salted caramelly popcorn

Here's the list. :)

Picture credit to @djtruefitt/TowersStreet.
0xC5Kh2.png

Edit: Just realised that's very hard to make out... so...
  • Triple Choc Brownie
  • Choc Honeycomb Crunch
  • Salted Caramelly Popcorn
  • Peppermint Choc Chip
  • Orea Vanilla Cream
  • Vanilla Beanie
  • Nutella Ella Ella
  • Lemon Meringue Pie
  • Pavlova Pash
  • Salted Caramel Honeycomb Crunch

Last edited:
Ah good to hear that is testing again! Hopefully that means a re-opening is imminent.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.