• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There's a point when rides that have been removed show up there sould be new videos at least every 3 years

^ Only to you nerds! No one else will bat an eyelid.

That's not the point though is it? It's about promoting the park as best as is possible. I don't think footage that is over 10 years old does this. Every time it is the same old stock footage.

I still can't understand why they have released a video without sound as well!

:)

Has anyone said this on their Facebook? Looking at the comments it looks like no one has noticed. Wow, that footage is old..

Queue times still ridiculously short today. Wonder if it'll pick up in the next couple of weeks.
Media has brainwashed my mother, was talking to her today and she was talking about all the "near miss" accidents on the coasters putting people off visiting, so I went into a five minute long lecture about how the smiler is an exception to the rule and their fantastic track record up till now :D

Queue times still ridiculously short today. Wonder if it'll pick up in the next couple of weeks.
Media has brainwashed my mother, was talking to her today and she was talking about all the "near miss" accidents on the coasters putting people off visiting, so I went into a five minute long lecture about how the smiler is an exception to the rule and their fantastic track record up till now :D
What "near miss" accidents???

Who hasn't given that lecture at least once? :p
I know I have at least 6 times. Even if 1 of them was to my parents who understand anyway and think it's safe(ish)

Has anyone said this on their Facebook? Looking at the comments it looks like no one has noticed. Wow, that footage is old..
I too was surprised at there being no comments regarding the lack of audio, however I did mention it myself, but have had no replies yet!

I would, but no Facebook/Twitter/anything else so yeah... not much I can do unless I want to email (too slow/they don't listen)

Wonder if they're reading this and hoping that we don't put this on facebook so no one notices.

Was there anything else in the video other than blade that was old? couldn't see anything myself, but I don't really notice things like this.

Was there anything else in the video other than blade that was old? couldn't see anything myself, but I don't really notice things like this.
Noticeably, Blade and Oblivion (the mist gives it away). The other clips are likely to have been filmed years ago, however it's not that obvious, with the exception of Driving School, Sharkbait Reef and CBeebies Land.

Well, not really. Ripsaw is missing all its theming and the blade is what you call, not very well.

Ripsaw is missing the "teeth", that isn't "all" it's theming. and Blade "looks" the same and has been about as slow and tired as it ever was since it moved to the valley,

It pains me to defend mediocrity but there are some statements that don't stand up to scrutiny.

Last edited:
Blade also has the blue screw thing on the side, that and the teeth are most of the theeming

Sure if you ignore the paint work, the ripsaw background, the blade structure on the boat, the ripsaw op cabin, the better Blade entrance now (compared to when that video was taken) and Ripsaw Bridge. As said it pains me to defend mediocrity when we have lost good theming but to say it's 50% worse without some small bits and a B&M flyer is a bit extreme

its just one of the things i notice. In not going to go running to the box office next time i go to make a complaint about the ride footage in a marketing video being older than me (exaduration-maybe not).

i suppose though, people on here will notice this, mainly because some people on here will know everything about Alton towers.

its just one of the things i notice. In not going to go running to the box office next time i go to make a complaint about the ride footage in a marketing video being older than me (exaduration-maybe not).
Probably not by the looks of it.

24430baa54500bfd1fbf18b078b75b5f.jpg

One very quiet towers street this morning with no monorail queue are traffic getting into the park but there's still street entertainment on towers street which is a positive

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.