• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyway, hoping the queues stay like this for just one more week, want to go next Sunday.

Out of being bored, I added up all the queue times on the ride time website as a total, it adds up to 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone complains about the queues, but when there's no queue they start complaining about the safety of the park and don't go. Irony?
About as ironic as most of the events that Alanis sang about. There's no queues because the public at large are seemingly concerned about the safety of the park.

Cleared up a few posts here that weren't really adding to the discussion of the thread.

Here is the picture on ridetimes right now:

11745475_10155849242350343_5926479940549923443_n.jpg

As Jordan said, the summer is basically a right off now. I'd imagine it might pick up slightly in August but you can't see it being anywhere near as busy as it would normally be. I fear that there will be an impact next year as well.
Good news if Th13teen is on three trains again though... One's been buggered half the year so far!

Thirteen has been able to use 3 trains for a few weeks now which is good. I'm not sure if the issue was more to do with the train or the ability of the ride to run on 3. Either way, it's good to see. Although with the park so quiet and them needing at least 18 people per train to send it they may as well just run on 2 for now!

:)

Cleared up a few posts here that weren't really adding to the discussion of the thread.

Here is the picture on ridetimes right now:

11745475_10155849242350343_5926479940549923443_n.jpg

As Jordan said, the summer is basically a right off now. I'd imagine it might pick up slightly in August but you can't see it being anywhere near as busy as it would normally be. I fear that there will be an impact next year as well.

Thirteen has been able to use 3 trains for a few weeks now which is good. I'm not sure if the issue was more to do with the train or the ability of the ride to run on 3. Either way, it's good to see. Although with the park so quiet and them needing at least 18 people per train to send it they may as well just run on 2 for now!

The thing is that once people are inside the park they forget, back of their minds, the incidents and have a good time. The park should try and reduce enterance, giveaways, fancy dress free entry, bring free a guest to MAP holders. Positive feedback to friends will get the punters in and spending cash.

if it is temporary hit on the guest numbers thats fine but if its longterm that will affect investment and new rides which is not something we want to see

The park should try and reduce enterance, giveaways, fancy dress free entry, bring free a guest to MAP holders.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any signs of them planning stuff like this. They could easily mix some things in with the Towers Tastic campaign too, like the free entry for fancy dress.

They could do with having 50% off tickets on the website for this summer, make a big thing out of it and get people booking.

I know this is in the wrong topic, but for the sake of bringing back a topic that's not been posted in for ages, I thought I'd post in here.

Anyway, it's good to see that on the AT website, the scroll function has been updated to accommodate for desktop users, and not that silly tablet effect. Much more user-friendly. Not sure how long it's been like this, but I just noticed it. :)

Has it? Scrolling is still pretty useless for me on desktop! Not that I have any need to use their website, thank god! I'm fully expecting a new website again next year.

Has it? Scrolling is still pretty useless for me on desktop! Not that I have any need to use their website, thank god! I'm fully expecting a new website again next year.

Well... It's working on my computer anyway! :p

I wonder how busy it will be today, have all the schools finished now then? i know from past years,the first 2 weeks of the summer holidays tend to be pretty quiet.

I wonder how busy it will be today, have all the schools finished now then? i know from past years,the first 2 weeks of the summer holidays tend to be pretty quiet.
Given how quiet it was yesterday, I would assume about the same. It's still quieter during the week over the school holidays due to working parents etc. I'm looking to visit this week (Thurs/Fri) to make the most of no queues!

Website is even harder to use on a tablet but easier to use on a computer.

Just looked at ride times. All on 0 apart from Mr blooms (10) and get set go (5)

Given how quiet it was yesterday, I would assume about the same. It's still quieter during the week over the school holidays due to working parents etc. I'm looking to visit this week (Thurs/Fri) to make the most of no queues!

Might have to make a trip, should be good with the 6pm ride close.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.