• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Given the low guest figures I see nothing wrong with cutting operational hours either.

I've noticed Towers are sending an email out too with a link to get 40% off theme park tickets this summer. While that's good I think they need to do one up on that and make it a deal on the website for anyone... not just those who are subscribed to receive emails. Then advertise the hell out of it.

It's on Groupon too. At least 55% off tickets valid until 26 August. Also includes a free photo. Four people can go for £99 and get a digital photo each.

Forgot the link http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/alton-towers

Last edited:
That's a really good offer.

Ironic that everyone (gp) complain about the enterence price, yet when they lower it to beyond reasonable, they don't go because it's "not safe"

I think towers should do some big promotion, even if it's just over a week or two, like buy your tickets online for only £20 each wig ERT. That would be a really good dead and it's what the likes of Drayton and Blackpool do all the time.

The deals like 20, 30 or even 40% are okay, but it's still better value to turn up on the day and use a voucher.

So after my 9th ride on blivvy today was given a free fast track (cos I'm special :) ) then again on nemmy :)
All part of towers tastic
aparently they have loads to give out
Don't see how it will help guest numbers tho
IMG_20150801_175316_zpsagf9ruel.jpg

Oblivion terrifies me. Don't think it will be so bad when I go next, but the first (and only) time I went on it ... amazing ride. Nemesis, on the other hand, I could go on for hours. That said, I would love half an hour on oblivion, might try it ;)

Anyone know what the queues were like today? Also if it will stay like this for another week?

Oblivion terrifies me. Don't think it will be so bad when I go next, but the first (and only) time I went on it ... amazing ride. Nemesis, on the other hand, I could go on for hours. That said, I would love half an hour on oblivion, might try it ;)

Anyone know what the queues were like today? Also if it will stay like this for another week?
All rides were walk on , most I queued was probably 2 or 3 mins been like that since the accident, can't see it changing any time soon

Good. Hoping to get my (10 year old) brother on hex, twirling toadstool and octanauts! At least I can get my rides done to

So after my 9th ride on blivvy today was given a free fast track (cos I'm special :) ) then again on nemmy :)
All part of towers tastic
aparently they have loads to give out
Don't see how it will help guest numbers tho
IMG_20150801_175316_zpsagf9ruel.jpg

So they're giving out free Fastracks to people in an empty Theme Park?

I think that's the point. Get lots of people giving them good reviews and saying the staff are really nice and gave them a fastrack, yet they are at no loss as no one is buying fastrack anyway.

It is all pr

Queues are a lot worse today than the last few weeks. 40 minutes for some rides. Aren't they doing an offer today or something?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.