• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's all very odd about Sub Terra, it's been closed now for 6/7? Weeks maybe longer. Add that to the two months it's already been closed this season before and after the Smiler crash. It's had two sets of restraints this season and various other issues.

I can only think it's now still shut for two reasons:
- Either towers can't fix it or are just not willing to spend any more money on it to fix it this season.
- Or it has been fixed and is ready to open, but due to the low guest numbers they are now just leaving it SBNO, and it will probably open at Scarefest. Think about the amount of money they are saving on staffing alone!

They don't even bother having staff stood outside it now telling you it's closed. You think they could at least put a sign on the gate telling you it's closed.

It must go down as the biggest ever flop for Towers and Merlin. I dread to think how much money they have spent on it since it was installed!

It's all very odd about Sub Terra, it's been closed now for 6/7? Weeks maybe longer. Add that to the two months it's already been closed this season before and after the Smiler crash. It's had two sets of restraints this season and various other issues.

- Either towers can't fix it or are just not willing to spend any more money on it to fix it this season.
- Or it has been fixed and is ready to open, but due to the low guest numbers they are now just leaving it SBNO, and it will probably open at Scarefest. Think about the amount of money they are saving on staffing alone!

It surely has to be the latter. The attraction was nearly mothballed early on in the season, and the park were looking at ways to make it more family friendly, especially with the actors budget cuts. I presumed the restraint modifications were something to do with the view of making it 1.2m instead, broadening it's scope and it's guest satisfaction ratings. But now, surely it's just been shuttered until Scarefest.

It's a shame Sub-Terra has been such a flop for Towers/Merlin, because it quite well themed on the inside (the one attraction where I admire the work of Merlin Studios) and a good little experience.

They don't even bother having staff stood outside it now telling you it's closed. You think they could at least put a sign on the gate telling you it's closed.

It must go down as the biggest ever flop for Towers and Merlin. I dread to think how much money they have spent on it since it was installed!
Got this response from them "Hi Andrew, it's a really boring story unfortunately. Sub Terra is closed at present due to ongoing maintenance with the attraction. Unfortunately we do not have a set date for the attraction re-opening, apologies."

What's going on with Sub Terra? Did it open up with over the shoulder restraints? Then close?

I love sub terra

This is what happened this year with sub terra.
- opened as normal in March
- closed late May (just before Smiler crash) for alternations to the restraints.
- re-opened with new restraints, still a bar but clamped more on to your legs. It opened for a few hours but then closed as most guests couldn't fit on it.
- closed for weeks again.
- re opened with the same restraints but minor alterations so more guests could fit on it.
- closed again at the start of August due to "ongoing maintenance/technical difficulties/what ever excuse towers used"
- Still closed about 6 weeks later.

ebea2040a61a68c75e6c2e1bb226e0f9.jpg

The battle beam thing has been removed from opposite spinball

Nemesis has barely had more than a 10m queue all summer, and certainly has been walk on everyday this month so far.

If it's quiet there is no point in having two trains. Yesterday it was on one and only one or two rows actually had people on them!

There will be a bit of cost with two trains on things like maintenance of the trains, etc.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.