• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
However Octonaughts is currently not listed as the rides in CBeebies Land that will be open for ERT. I imagine it will be included, but you never know.

Octonauts. It is Octonauts.

There is literally a massive cut to the operations budget for 2015 so I would expect further damage to come soon...

Enough of a cut to impact things. Alton doing well makes no difference. Merlin have shareholders and they need satisfying.

Let's just see what happens.

It's a saddening prospect that shareholders are favoured over the millions of guests who ultimately pay the price.

All that matters is optimising revenue and reducing costs.

It's been said consistently by a number of people way before public ownership, but NOTHING is off-limits to achieve the above for Merlin as a whole. That includes offloading the park at some point in the future.

867f5ad3f9178dd3010c43370f41a27e.jpg

5d64d41cf917fdc81647b341fdf356ed.jpg

New car park barriers have been installed

So you have to scan it yourself now? Or was it like that before?

If it is new, then I see they're reducing staffing.

Did you not have to put the card into the machine last time, this should reduce the fact they need staff at each exit taking it off you to put in the machine lol

So you have to scan it yourself now? Or was it like that before?

If it is new, then I see they're reducing staffing.

Paying guests had to put a token into the barrier machine, but AP holders who get free parking had to wait for staff. Not these new barriers should scan APs reducing wait times.

Before you had to insert your ticket and annual passes didn't work so staff had to press a button to open barriers. This is same as Thorpe, chessinton, etc where can scan ticket or pass yourself.

Very sensible change. It reduces the need for staff (good long term cost saving, even though there will still have to be a staff member on hand for when things go wrong) and makes it easier for guests.

:)

They will still need staff on them because people are idiots
But they do certainly look better

Thorpe attempted to not staff them and it resulted in utter chaios it wasn't long till they staffed them again. Usually they still need 2/3 staff atlesst. It's good to be able to scan but they are much slower than normal machines as 90% of people cant actually scan them!

They will probably be able to reduce staff by 2 at peak times, which is going to save money. Good stuff.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.