• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I didn't think this was worth putting in a different topic (apologies if it should have been, mods), but this Big 6 Challenge is quite interesting, albeit a bit confusing.

So is all you have to do ride all the SWs + Rita and you get a free return ticket? Seems very easy to do. Surely there's some more Ts & Cs coming our way.

Yes, but you need to log the rides using the App (there will be a barcode at the exit apparently). They did something like this before, I remember seeing a Big 5 promotion, I think you got a medal or something for riding them all then.

Don't forget a return ticket for the same season only usually costs £12 (or something like that) so although it is a good offer, it isn't a huge saving.

Its a big enough saving. from £50 to £12 to nothing at all for the sake on going on the rides that, lets face it, you would most likely go on anyway is very good, if it gets people back through the door im all for that. Like somebody said before if someone can get in for free and bring more people with them, happy days for the towers.

If the app works of course.

If they're located at the exit of the rides though, surely you could just grab the scans without even having to negotiate the overwhelming queues in the summer? There's no way this will even be possible on a peak day and unless each one is staffed, it's going to be tremendously easy to cheat the system by the sounds of it.

If they're located at the exit of the rides though, surely you could just grab the scans without even having to negotiate the overwhelming queues in the summer? There's no way this will even be possible on a peak day and unless each one is staffed, it's going to be tremendously easy to cheat the system by the sounds of it.

If it ensures people come back who wouldn't otherwise then it won't bother them too much if/when it is abused. Of course it becomes an issue if there are lots of people who abuse it who were otherwise planning on paying to return later in the season.

:)

They will probably be happy if some people abuse it, since the majority of guests will spend money here or there. The guest cheats getting a 'free' ticket but then returns to pay for drinks, meals, games, maybe merchandise etc...

I would expect to see these barcodes very near the exit off the ride platforms anyway.

the average guest doesn't visit more than once each season anyway so the park don't really have anything to loose and am sure people that have got In free are likely to spend more in the park than they potentially would have otherwise.

Is the sun offer returning this year? as I haven't seen anything about it and it's normally running by now. Maybe they trying different offers etc this year instead.

In case anyone hasn't seen it the 2015 park map is now on the Alton towers website. Nothing really of interest a part from the lodges and tree top quest added and of course the new CBeebies Land ride.

A few other bits, guest services has now been put in to the box office and the pirate show will be the same as the past two years. It also seems they have added a few bits that was on the parent guide last year.

https://www.altontowers.com/media/2568/atr-gate-map-map-2015_v9.pdf

So now a fifth of the map is taken up by resort? Goddammit. I'm sure I've seen a separate resort map online somewhere for this season. Shouldn't they just have the theme park on the main map with an arrow pointing up to where the resort is, and putting a note that the resort map is separate... or even as someone suggested before and have it on the back!

I understand they have to advertise, but please!

Yeah there is a separate resort map (has been for years) except this years is much bigger and redesigned. Not actually sure if its available as a paper map or if its just online and on walls in the hotels? I do think it takes far too much of the map up, now all the rides are listed on the front of the map, the could certainly use a section on the back with a map of the resort, as they do always advertise the waterpark and hotels on the back anyway.

Shows how much attention I pay to blade :p

But with Blade missing from the map and also no longer on ERT, could this be the end of Blade? (starts rumour mill)

Well seeing as it isn't in X Sector on the park map either, I'm fairly confident it's gone for walkies.

It is still on the website though... but I lost faith in that many a month a go.

I suspect its closed due to the cut in operational budget this season as the ride is prob on its way out anyway easiest ride to cut. While its been rumoured we would see Blade and ripsaw removed/moved for SW8 i think its a season to early for it to be that and will simply be down to the cuts. I wonder others cuts we will see this season

I think blade has seen where the park is going and cut itself free and legged it. :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.