• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

Aw it's very cute :) positively it allows plenty of interaction with the ride for the little'uns.

The queue and area beside the ride entrance give plenty of views of the actual ride - which is important for something that will be plenty of children's first coaster :)

Its hard to be disappointed with this addition. As a like for like replacement for The Beastie, I think it is an improvement in every way.
The Beastie will always have sentimental value for myself (and many on this forum) but we're hardly the target audience. Sentimentality aside, Octonauts looks brighter, more engaging and a better themed ride to introduce rollercoasters to younger visitors.
I am looking forward to the area pushing out further and enveloping Spinball. If they were to replace that with a 'bigger brother' to Octonauts (? Mack Youngstar) I wouldn't have too many complaints. I wonder if they would ever introduce CBBC IP's in addition to Cbeebies to try and entice the slightly older market. Do they still show The Queens Head? The Demon Headmaster? :p

A panoramic photo from Towers:

10407532_10153069626831201_805558530489146138_n.jpg

A shame that the station doesn't seem to have been given a roof.

:)

It is a shame that the station doesn't have a roof, but I believe the money for that got diverted to the new roof for the Rapids, which was in a rather bad condition at the end of last season.

It's like there's a specific part of the Towers budget devoted entirely to roofs. I like to imagine staff at the end of the year spending money building tiny roofs on pointless things 'just to make sure we get the same budget next year.'

That's crazy, but clearly someone at AT management deems the fact that because you stand in a queue with no roof that you don't need one in the station

That's crazy, but clearly someone at AT management deems the fact that because you stand in a queue with no roof that you don't need one in the station

Or that one of the primary people involved in ride design doesn't like fire exits so will refuse to have a roof on a brand new ride's station...

I think there isn't quite enough there, looking at the most recent video everything is static (by everything I mean the two figures). But the whale does blow water out of his blow-whole. Which is a nice touch, but i still am a little disappointed.

Christ y'all!

It looks good. Stop blathering on about the roof and compare it, on the whale, to most other kiddie coasters.

Overall Octonauts is a great addition to the park. It looks lovely - the theming is good for a kids coaster. The ride itself is fine, idealy it would be a tad longer but you do get two laps. The auido in the area is also great and nice and loud meaning that you don't hear the racket that is Spinball in the background.

My only criticisms are firstly that there are a lot of stickers which are bound to be peeled off by kids. Operations also need to be improved but I'm sure this will get better. However the station area has not been designed well for decent throughputs. The onload/offload procedures are rather slow and faffy. Onload and offload really needed to be on different sides of the station.

I did enjoy Octonauts at the weekend, the area looks nice and certainly better than what was there before. The music is catchy (yet quite repetitive and annoying after a while!).

The only issue I have with the ride is the station, it just looks a bit cheap and not finished, a roof would certainly be better, I think it will be horrible on a wet windy day, especially for the ride staff. There are also a few bits that just don't look quite right, when you go up the stairs you can see all into the access area which is basicaly a dumping group, they would have only had to build the fences a bit higher to hide this. The themeing is nice, but its all a bit boring and doesn't really do anything. Even if the whale moved round or something it would be better.

I'm also not sure the queue line is really big enough, there were times on Sunday when it was near the entrance, I can just imagine we will end up with loads of temp fences during the summer months.

But over all its a good ride and i'm sure the kids will love it.

Octonauts is pretty fast for a Toddler ride! I took my little brother on it and he loved it! It's theme was done well and looks like the show from what I've saw and the station needs some improving though.

I'd be tempted to say it's a little short, even for its target market. My two 3year olds were wanting more even after two laps, and the station - it's already starting to fall apart.

I'd be tempted to say it's a little short, even for its target market. My two 3year olds were wanting more even after two laps, and the station - it's already starting to fall apart.

That doesn't surprise me. CBeebies Land is great but Octonauts' station is by far the worst part of the area.

A roof would improve it massively. I imagine the station will start to look a bit tatty soon enough. Especially as it's all just wood and paint.

When Spinball finally goes could they not improve the station (give it a roof) while giving the ride a nicer queue-line too.

I really enjoyed the Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure as a kid coaster. My only real critism is the throughout? I queued for 10 mins when there was only 10 people in line. Some seats were empty and I think it need single rider.