• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

Any other park would only make an effort that shoddy if they knew it was just going to be there for a year.
Fixed that for you. ;)

I agree, it's dire. However, it's exactly what I've come to expect from Merlin. I guess we should just be happy it's not black or grey.

The entrance sign is nice but would have been a lot better in 3D. The fence is ugly but if it is only temporary while the area slowly expands then I guess it's tolerable.

The ride itself looks really nice though.

This is a marked improvement over Beastie.

I too am of the opinion side that the temporary looking nature of the queue/entrance/giant fence is deliberate rather than lazy... Though that may be because I'm not feeling cynical today...

Well everyone moaned about this lazy fence last season

10177280_634649813272133_1128235542815457123_n.jpg

It's gone now because the area has expanded.

hmmmmmmm

Looks pleasant overall. Glad they've covered over the concrete base. The theming is nothing special but it all looks quite nice together. My biggest problem is the entrance which just looked like a big cardboard cut out. I can only hope it has been done like this as a temporary fix until Spinball is removed and CBeebies Land is further expanded.

:)

It'd be adorable if it wasn't for that tacky looking 2D entrance. Why on Earth isn't it 3D?

The fence look like it only meant to stand for one or two seasons before it moved. May be Spinball is going next year?

The fence doesn't bother me to much, especially considering it's most likely temporary.

What really irks me is the 2D themeing at the entrance, now THAT looks tacky.

Yeah i think the queue and entrance feature is what lets this down, the fence is clearly temporary.

Still its better than a lot of us expected a few months ago. And better themed than a lot of coasters this size.

Does anybody know how much this project has cost in total?

We estimated around the £1m mark at Feb Half Term, but does anyone actually know?

It looks better than expected.

The coaster looks good, the trains and the theming around it. That horrible queue and fence let it down though and that entrance and vinyl covered booth are just plain NASTY.

Mind come the day it opens the whole thing will be a plain nightmar when the ride and area are filled with snot covered little rats (kids).

Not to mention when the vinyl is peeling off the photo booth, it'll be in a worse state than Air's queueline shop in no time.

I quite like it! Sure, the entrance sign is awful and the wooden fence looks pants, but everything else is rather sweet. Its a lot better than some of the other kiddie coasters out there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that, overall, this looks a lot better than expected.

The ride itself looks very permanent and high quality, the train looks brilliant quite frankly, and the theming looks good if not mind blowing.

My main concern is the queue line which looks poor. I also reckon it's going to feel a bit too separate from the rest of the land and with the noise of Sonic Spinball next door... I worry it won't actually be that pleasant at all to be around there.

Love how close you can get though!