• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In regards to the photo opportunity, is it possible that they're simply relocating the photo booth for after the ride so there's more space for the restaurant that's being placed above? It might just make the area less cramped. I can't remember what the original plans for the restaurant were but it's an option that could spring to mind.

For the love of God, let's just hope that station enhancements finally put an end to the barren wasteland that is the Air tunnel.
So, by that logic, we will probably get a photo booth like nemesis's where it's not actually in the station, but just outside. But this does sacrifice the only shop in FV as the current one sells both air and nemesis merch. Maybe in the future -sw 8 time possibly- we will see a big FV shop; for all the rides

A Picsolve counter for Air's on-ride photo was shown on the shop extension plans (left-hand side), so this 'photo-opportunity' would appear to be something extra, perhaps in relation to the Rollercoaster Restaurant.

1017581.png

So, by that logic, we will probably get a photo booth like nemesis's where it's not actually in the station, but just outside. But this does sacrifice the only shop in FV as the current one sells both air and nemesis merch. Maybe in the future -sw 8 time possibly- we will see a big FV shop; for all the rides
Exactly, it's likely that SW8 will incorporate a large shop, hopefully selling all FV merch not just SW8 (like buy the smiler.)

I wonder if they have ever thought about potentially allowing an airline to sponsor Air? You could potentially have an airline such as Thomson which use similar colours to Air (except the red), and for a boarding/articles/smoking safety notices, you could make a sort-of airline safety video prior to boarding. You can even do a theatrical piece in the tunnel with runway lights or something like that and make it totally dark with the lights maybe, chuck in a few ATC announcement-style audio clips too. Re-do the final stretch of the brake run floor into a small runway segment too.

All possibilities, although it would change the theme/idea of the ride slightly by doing that. Better than a brand with no connection to the ride sponsoring it though.

Oh, yeah because merlin have a great record of choosing sponsors that have anything to do with the theme of the ride *cough-fanta-cough* *cough-imperial leather-cough* *cough-skips-cough*

Oh, yeah because merlin have a great record of choosing sponsors that have anything to do with the theme of the ride *cough-fanta-cough* *cough-imperial leather-cough* *cough-skips-cough*

Cadbury Heroes is an example of Towers choosing a sponsor which has a connection to the ride. The idea of Air modeling 'flying like a superhero', with the sponsor backing that idea up too. So not all sponsorship's have a negative impact.

Imperial Leather also is a shower/shampoo product, and The Flume models travelling in a bath-tub. See the connection?

To be fair @kydog1299 , the sponsorship by Cadbury in those early seasons was the least blatant deal that the park has ever done. I don't recall any attempt to tie the ride / sponsor together at all, was there? I remember the model on Towers Street had a sign(!).

In terms of sponsors, if they tie in, or don't tie in - I'm probably in the minority, but a sponsor on a ride like that doesn't bother me. The Fanta thing on Oblivion? Whatever. Valhalla, brought to you by the Daily Star? That's fine. It doesn't detract from the experience or excitement of the attraction, at all. But, I know you die hards think that it ruins the immersion etc.

Actually, the flume was themed with logs before IL and bubble works was a drink factory. So yes they were changed.

Really though, fanta was the only one that really ruined the inversion of oblivion.

Well Tussauds picked the ones in bold actually.

It won't be as atrocious as Fanta for Oblivion. That sponsorship wasn't run by the executive board and when Mr Varney found out he had it all ripped down immediately. :)

In terms of sponsors, if they tie in, or don't tie in - I'm probably in the minority, but a sponsor on a ride like that doesn't bother me. The Fanta thing on Oblivion? Whatever. Valhalla, brought to you by the Daily Star? That's fine. It doesn't detract from the experience or excitement of the attraction, at all. But, I know you die hards think that it ruins the immersion etc.

Even Nick Varney was not impressed with the Fanta sponsorship of Oblivion, hence all of the horrendous advertising was removed following his instruction!

I too have nothing against sponsors though on the condition that they are done in the correct manner. Blue Fire and Wodan at EP are both sponsored in fairly subtle ways. Many parks have their rides "presented by" various companies without plastering great big logos and bright colours everywhere. If done well then it is of benefit to all parties; the park gets revenue, the sponsor gets exposure and the guests get potential new theming to tie it all in.

The Fanta sponsorship of Oblivion was a perfect example of how not to go about it!

:)

Ok, maybe subtle was the wrong word! :p

It fits with the theme though and is not intrusive at all. It doesn't feel like it shouldn't be there.

See post above, as I said subtle was probably the wrong choice of word!

See post above, as I said subtle was probably the wrong choice of word!
Because it's the opposite of subtle :)

Great ride though, irrespective of sponsor. I guess that's how I felt about Oblivion, too.

What is it sponsored by? Never been on it so so wouldn't know
Gazprom, a gas company. The Blue Fire queue line also goes through part of the Gazprom Hall, (a cafe and entertainment centre themed around Gazprom). :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.