• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
To be fair @kydog1299 , the sponsorship by Cadbury in those early seasons was the least blatant deal that the park has ever done. I don't recall any attempt to tie the ride / sponsor together at all, was there? I remember the model on Towers Street had a sign(!).

In terms of sponsors, if they tie in, or don't tie in - I'm probably in the minority, but a sponsor on a ride like that doesn't bother me. The Fanta thing on Oblivion? Whatever. Valhalla, brought to you by the Daily Star? That's fine. It doesn't detract from the experience or excitement of the attraction, at all. But, I know you die hards think that it ruins the immersion etc.

The Cadbury deal for Air involved the logo spraypainted in a few places, some promotional videos in the queue and a spot of signage. It was actually quite stylish and well delivered, in my opinion, as is the Gazprom stuff on Blue Fire. Whereas, the Fanta sponsorship on Oblivion completely undercut the atmosphere of the ride in a serious way. If you build a good enough ride, you're more likely to be able to call the shots when the sponsor need you, and not otherwise.

Reactions: Rob
Seriously, why are we so hopefully that Air will get its tunnel fixed?:p You know it isn't going to happen, even if does by chance, we'll still find something complain about it.:rolleyes:

Going back to the 'photo opportunity' for a second. I believe Chessington have added a stand alone green screen photo opp where the entrance of Rameses used to be this season to tie in with the Madagascar stage show.

It could well be a similar design for Air, at least this way guests aren't forced through like they are in queue lines. No idea what they would theme it to though, the sponsor I guess, if there indeed is one.

logo.png

Wouldn't be surprised if these were the sponsors

I am concerned that of all the rides at AT that need aesthetic improvements, Air isn't one of them at the moment.

The priorities of the park should be to sort out the hovel that is Dark Forest. Long before any work happens on Air.

I would guess this is either to add a sponsor, to add a photo green screen so they can try and sell more photos, or its just small cosmetic things related to the FoodLoop build.

I don't think adding a green screen photo in the queue would make the queue longer, it could just result in a gap in the middle of the queue (so you queue for photo and then queue for ride) only on very quiet days would the train despatch with people queuing for photo opp.

Good point, and actually the parks flagship attraction (Nemesis duh!) is a wreck. The pit, the alien, the track, the station interior all need refurb desperately.

What sort of thing do you have in mind for Dark Forest @AstroDan

Make it look presentable. Replace temporary scaffolding with some sort of permanent tunnel if H&S are so adamant it is required. Give it the feel of a 'dark forest' rather than 'spot Ug Land showing through all the faded paintwork' by refurbishing all buildings and installing additional theming. And install some form of flat ride (I'd still like some robo-arms!).

Plenty that needs doing, it is the worst area of the park by far!

I agree with Pete also - Nemesis does indeed require more work at present than Air.

:)

^ Fair comment. It is a little odd there is nothing in the flat ride department, not sure robo arms are the answer though!

Merrie England > Mutiny Bay was a fairly painless conversion, didn't quite work so well with Dark Forest.

Maybe Dark Forest and Nemesis will get some attention too but that won't require planning permission?

And pigs might also fly of course.

I am concerned that of all the rides at AT that need aesthetic improvements, Air isn't one of them at the moment.
Is it fair to say that Air is only getting some attention because things are occurring around it?

Most likely, but then again, you could argue that things are happening around nemesis, yet that is not receiving any attention.

Nemesis might get some attention during the construction of SW8, similar to that of Oblivion during The Smiler's construction. We can only hope...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.