• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I though my laptop froze for the moment, it took me a few attempts to try and play the video before I realise it was a still :mad:
Don't feel too bad about it, I did the same (even though you had posted this I still tried several times to make it play) :oops:

What is the video though?

I also tried to get the video to play several times :D

It's not very clear what people are meant to do with all the code words.

A picture of the Galactica shop extension taken from facebook.
2lvfmo2.jpg

It may be the same building materials but it currently has none of the aesthetic charm of the original Air Shop at all.

Where are the curves? Where are the accents of greeny blue? The Air Shop was sleek and (still) pretty stylish. This currently looks like a metal box stuck on the side. I hope that there is some charm to come yet...

It may be the same building materials but it currently has none of the aesthetic charm of the original Air Shop at all.

Where are the curves? Where are the accents of greeny blue? The Air Shop was sleek and (still) pretty stylish. This currently looks like a metal box stuck on the side. I hope that there is some charm to come yet...

Have to love your optimism :D

I really don't think we're going to end up liking what they do. Taking the style, and it was very very sleek (what was finished), and adding what I FEAR will end up tacky theme on top.

Hope I'm wrong.

Doubt I am though.

I'm usually pretty open minded and optimistic about what Towers do. I'm pretty excited by Galactica as a whole...

This part of it however seems like ruining what was a really nice building.

The plans showed the extension would be curved but this just looks like a box stuck on the side.

We shouldn't be suprised as we know Merlin care only for function to drive profit and not theme or aesthetic.

The plans showed the extension would be curved but this just looks like a box stuck on the side.

We shouldn't be suprised as we know Merlin care only for function to drive profit and not theme or aesthetic.
Admittedly in order to fit into the existing space it will have to curve around the side towards the back of the building - but that doesn't stop the front looking pants

I think I've worked out what's missing anyway: glass. If it had been built with big windows like the existing building it probably wouldn't look so warehouse-y.

Based on @Scott's post above I raise him windows....

"I know what this restaurant is missing, after giving it some thought.... DINNER PLATES!"

The restaurant looks very dark and dingy. Why doesn't it have Windows? Is it so you can't see in and then pay to go in.... Oh is that it.

The restaurant looks very dark and dingy. Why doesn't it have Windows? Is it so you can't see in and then pay to go in.... Oh is that it.
Oh come on, REALLY?! YouMve seen one construction photo of it. One! The photo does look dark, but that would be because the restaurant is still being developed. The walls will naturally be grey whilst it's still being built. I would be surprised if the large glass windows on the front of the Air shop aren't left there, and I'm sure the lighting inside will be more than adequate.

I've seen a few pics not one. Looks wank. Gimmicky shaken up food that gets delivered in hospital style tubs. No thanks.

Actually if Food Loop is anything to go by, the food does not get shaken up at all, thanks to good old g force holding it in place. I've even had bottles of beer delivered on the track with the loop, and they open perfectly with no more fizz than if you had just taken them from the fridge.

I think I've worked out what's missing anyway: glass. If it had been built with big windows like the existing building it probably wouldn't look so warehouse-y.

That is the main problem with the new shop that is being built and is something I noticed when the plans were initially submitted. One of the best things about the existing Air shop was the large glass windows; the new shop will have no glass apart from the doors. A pity but clearly cheaper.
I've seen a few pics not one. Looks ****. Gimmicky shaken up food that gets delivered in hospital style tubs. No thanks.

The restaurant does have windows. It is in the old glass fronted Air shop. How can you say that the restaurant looks dark and dingy when it is currently February and it opens in May? Come on. The FoodLoop restaurant at EP is one of the most popular restaurants on park - it is not "gimmicky shaken up food delivered in hospital style tubs". You've clearly not tried one before.

Also, please remember that swearing, even in the form of asterisks, is not permitted on the forum - as per our Member Expectations. Thanks.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.