• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As I predicted from the reveal video; the music in the background does sound like the new theme for Galactica. It really does sound like an IMAScore and reminds me a little of Helix's theme song.

My thoughts too, definitely sounds like IMAscore and reminded massively of Helix audio...

I love it!

Right, just got the game. Have to say I'm disappointed with the game itself (though I wasnt expecting much) and I agree with @TheMan that the new music isn't as good. It appears only to be on Google play and the app store, at the moment, the smiler was on Amazon and Windows as well.

Do excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this say 2016, not 3016?

HZ9zHeq.png

Always be careful admitting that in public :eek::D

Perhaps use a pseudonym before doing so. :D

I am glad to find someone else agrees though, so much prefer the feel of air's original theme. It has class. It's smooth.

It's part of the theme guys come on! Allow yourselves to embrace it! Its part of a theme that people complain Merin don't do.

It's part of the theme guys come on! Allow yourselves to embrace it! Its part of a theme that people complain Merin don't do.
How can you theme something to be the future? Hang calendars around FV?

Theming something to be modern and futuristic, on the other hand, is different. It doesn't require jumping forwards in time, just clever use of colours and technology.

Understand your point though, at least they're trying this time..

Do excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this say 2016, not 3016?

I think basically Galactica is a futuristic take on Virgin Galactic space tourism. They've also got a mission statement:
  • We are committed to preserving the disparate environments of the universe, and will never knowingly despoil space
  • We believe the universe is a boundless environment to fire the imagination as much as it is an arena for travel
  • We are commited to the development of ground-breaking Spaceflight
  • We provide unrivalled access to the limitless wonders of space never experienced before
  • We give access to join an elite and privileged group of interstellar pioneers

How can you theme something to be the future? Hang calendars around FV?

Theming something to be modern and futuristic, on the other hand, is different. It doesn't require jumping forwards in time, just clever use of colours and technology.

Understand your point though, at least they're trying this time..

Bit of a daft comment!

How can you theme anything to be anything?

X-sector isn't really a government facility
Nemesis wasn't a real alien

Bit of a daft comment!

How can you theme anything to be anything?

X-sector isn't really a government facility
Nemesis wasn't a real alien

Isn't that sort of the point of a theme park? Creating immersive themed environments to deliver a story? Escapism?

You are theming things to create this environment. Of course nemesis isn't a real alien, but it creates a story. People can ignore the fiberglass structure that resembles an alien if they want, but theming makes it so much more.

Isn't that sort of the point of a theme park? Creating immersive themed environments to deliver a story? Escapism?

You are theming things to create this environment. Of course nemesis isn't a real alien, but it creates a story. People can ignore the fiberglass structure that resembles an alien if they want, but theming makes it so much more.

Doh

Not a typo unless they've made the same mistake about 5 times ;) seen 3016 across the website, and the map, it says something along the lines of "spaceport set in 3016" not sure the theme will work for those without VR though, spaceport, concrete tunnel, and it's broken down.

It's a bit different to go along with something being a government facility or even a real alien or whatever than to go along with suddenly being 1000 years in the future, especially when the rest of the area is set in the present day like.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.