• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think a darker shade of blue would have worked better for the track with this retheme. Given the major refurb with Nemesis, it would have been nice to see Air's track given a lick of paint too, so the area feels new once more.

Saying that at least Air's track has been given a jetwash. They could have left it as a mucky mess!

Not a fan of the portal in those pictures. Will reserve full judgement until it's all complete and open to the public, although seeing rivets where they've attached the metal panels to the frame is somewhat distracting.

There was a lot of discussion in this thread re sickness. There is a wiki page on VR sickness - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_sickness.

I have played with Oc Rift dev1 and dev2, and also Google cardboard from both a user and developer point of view.

With Dev1 i felt quite a lot of nausia, with Dev 2 I felt much less. Cardboard totally depends on the software you use and the hardware it is running on. on a cheep droid phone (or iPhone 5) i felt really queasy. For me it is the delay of the sensor from detecting where you are looking. It produces a drunk kind of feeling. But with better sensors and tuned software this disappears. I think where the towers software will win is because they know exactly what hardware it is being run on so can adjust the sensors sensitivity for that device specifically. If it does make you feel vomitious then it is totally the fault of the software developers. (unless there is a hardware fault on that particular device).

Another thing I've found while playing Abe.... Sorry last one I promise.

I'm not saying people at Merlin are ripping ideas off just cool to think these images from nearly 20 years back may have inspired the artwork.
99cf466472bfd0ceb37defaf9c138281.jpg

Motion sickness is caused by a difference is what your eyes are seeing and what your inner ear. So as long as the software is written correctly motion sickness shouldn't be an issue.

This could really add to the experience as the human body cannot feel speed (only acceleration) so if the vr image is moving a lot faster it will make you feel like you are going faster than you are. If used properly then I am pretty excited for this although I am not expecting too much as we all know who's organising it :rolleyes:

The portal does contain lighting, as it was on at the weekend when they were building it, so I imagine it will turn on when you pass through it, was actually quite bright.

At least when it does come to those few weeks of the year we have a nice lighting feature to break up the white floodlights. If they did that for every new investment then perhaps over the years the park would look better and better over Scarefest/Fireworks. :)

On the upside it's good to see the portal is lit up as it will make a nice feature to look at for people who visit the Rollercoaster Restaurant in the evenings :)

Be nice if they could figure out how to do a couple of evening runs purely for hotel guests.

Be a nice touch.

Sorry, but the on-ride photos of this are gonna be a bit crap aren't they? If you can't even see your face whats the point?

I suppose thats what the "photo opportunity" thats gonna double the queue time is all about...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.