• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Another positive, this isn't a dark theme! Space is quite a cool/neutral theme which makes a change for a Merlin thrill ride.

:)

Smiler wasn't overly dark as well, the theme was generally this will make you happy. even if the process of doing it is a bit creepy. :)
It's Thorpe that seem to be going further after the doom/destruction theming

hmmm wonder how its gonna feel when you get to the lift hill, ride suddenly stops then starts crawling at a snails pace up the hill. not so much of a launcho_O

hmmm wonder how its gonna feel when you get to the lift hill, ride suddenly stops then starts crawling at a snails pace up the hill. not so much of a launcho_O
Good question actually, surely throughput is now reduced as in the past you could dispatch a car to slowly crawl up the hill whilst another was on the track, I presume this can't be done anymore as it would throw the video you're watching out of sync?

the logo reminds me of something....

mstile-144x144.png

to boldly go where no one has gone before maybe :rolleyes:

mVOSg.gif

Having seen the promotional video, I can safely say that I am very excited for this! Something new to look forward to. I will reserve any other opinions until I ride it. :D

Goggles won't need to be handed out as they are mounted to the craft.

I'm guessing somehow they will also have to draw power from the track, can't see it feasible for them to have to keep removing the headsets all the time to charge them up, and we all know that watching something constantly on a phone in HD drains the battery after just a few hours.

Also, technical problems with them are bound to occur, so getting them off the craft and replaced with another is going to be interesting.

Its the syncing with the track i'm most interested in however, as someone said above, Air frequently slows down on the lift hill when its waiting for another craft to clear its block, I wonder how the VR video will cope with that. It just needs a second out of sync with the track to make people feel queasy!

The whole 'Glactinauts' thing just sounds just like the whole build up to Mission 2 at DLP. I really don't know what to make with this as VR on a ride seems like a recipe for disaster, unless I'm proven wrong which I highly doubt. While it being an original theme and at the same time giving one of the older rides TLC is welcoming, I really don't know what to make of this.

Still, if one of the 'trips' takes you to Nemesis' home planet then it might have some potential, hell even a cameo reference to Black Hole would be a nice touch too.

I look forward to having a go on this and I think I will enjoy it if it's done right. I really hope it goes well for Towers as they need a little bit of light in an otherwise potentially bleak year. However, I share some other peoples concerns with regards to reliability and waiting times. I can see some very long queues in busier periods.

maybe they'll change air's (sorry, Galactica's) lift hill to a launch section, to simulate the launch/take-off?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.