• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They've said that this will open in April, which means they'll miss Easter weekend. Strange move there.

:)

So I guess I am guessing I am in the minority who is looking forward to it. I just hope there are Galactica Space Travel sickness tablets available in the shop ;)

Due to travel sickeness tablets having to be sold in a pharmacy over the counter, i'm afraid not.

But Galactica souvenir sick bags will be available for purchase in the shop.

I normally visit the Park in March for the start of the season and in October for Scarefest but I might not visit this year for the first time until May so I can ride Galactica and see the Rollercoaster Restaurant

It'd be odd that you would be won over by it, before riding it, no?

Bring it on.

Ok i worded it wrong. Maybe its got something to do with how fond i am of air already that personally i don't see the need for VR. I am however happy that it is optional and id like to think ill be pleasantly surprised by it and even enjoy it, its just difficult to be excited about it.

I've always liked the whole concept of Virtual Reality, and I think this idea of it being used for coasters looks very promising and can be brilliant if executed well. However, I can see why people are weary about it, and I do kind feel the same with this Air retheme, but I'm not gonna knock it until I try it. :)

_87619649_75c1dcf2-683e-4e65-9694-6edaad497b85.jpg

The theming doesn't look half bad if they can pull it off. They also have a potential for humour in those 'ground crew' droids if they put their mind to it, but we'll see.

gTuEZyj.png
bUaXl8q.png

today at a place I go to, we were writing limericks (five-line poems), so I decided to do one about Air's re-theme!

There was a ride called Air,
go on it if you dare,
it's changing to Galactica,
they will get back to ya,
on how the VR headsets fare!

I am looking forward to this. It is Space exploration, which is cool. The concept video looks great, and there is a lot of potential to make a really exciting addition to the park.

That being said, I do have my concerns, this is Merlin after all, but hopefully that is why they plan to open in April so they have a chance to work out some of these issues. Lets just hope this is not the same company that did the Zufari CGI.

Ian

The company is figment productions - they've done the interactive displays for Sea Life, Eyes (Orlando and Blackpool) and other museums.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.