• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Adverts for injury lawyers? will they be asking if you lost a leg in an accident that was not your fault. I don't think merlin would do that.

News of the retheme is spreading fast. Even the "unexplained / paranormal / weird science" website Mysterious Universe has an article on it.

One thought occurs: How can it accurately simulate space flight when your body is still subject to Earth's gravity?

I wonder whether we can expect a Star Tours style randomization between journeys? I would like to think it would be possible, but with the set up of the ride as is, I can see one station loading for departures to Nero 5, and the other for Kepler 9 - I hope I'm wrong!

One thought occurs: How can it accurately simulate space flight when your body is still subject to Earth's gravity?

There are a couple of slight pops of airtime on Air. But yes I know what you mean, it will feel like flying (as Air always did) just through a Space scene.

The craft swap stations on each circuit. So if they had 2 craft one with nero5 and the other with kelper 9 they would be a 50/50 on each environment.

The craft won't dictate what your destination is the headset will, it is just 2 different videos after all. My guess is that you choose which one you want in the pre-show where you will be given the headset and shown how to use it. Although i'm sure queue line videos and signs will also give instructions for using the headsets. I would guess that the screens will just flip up and down so you can put the headset on in the pre-show area with the screen flipped up. When it comes to getting on the ride just sit down, pull the restraint down, connect the headset to the craft, flip the screen down and you are good to go. As long as everyone follows the instructions correctly throughput wouldn't be affected.

The craft won't dictate what your destination is the headset will, it is just 2 different videos after all. My guess is that you choose which one you want in the pre-show where you will be given the headset and shown how to use it. Although i'm sure queue line videos and signs will also give instructions for using the headsets. I would guess that the screens will just flip up and down so you can put the headset on in the pre-show area with the screen flipped up. When it comes to getting on the ride just sit down, pull the restraint down, connect the headset to the craft, flip the screen down and you are good to go. As long as everyone follows the instructions correctly throughput wouldn't be affected.
The headsets are built into the craft so you wont be given them in the pre show, it will be interesting to see how they allow you to choose(if at all) which one and how many more different journeys they plan too add

I have concerns over nausea as the Oculus is notorious for making people feel sick. You add force into the equation and they mind find there's a lot more vomiting incidents. :confused:

The headsets are built into the craft so you wont be given them in the pre show, it will be interesting to see how they allow you to choose(if at all) which one and how many more different journeys they plan too add

I don't think they are built in, they just attach to the craft. Alton Towers have said that the headsets will be cleaned after every use, that would be very difficult to do without significantly affecting the throughput if they were built into the craft.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.