• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Has anyone that has looked into/been on the other VR coasters managed to come up with how Galactica is "fully dedicated" and the rest aren't? I can't imagine what exactly a coaster partially dedicated to VR would even be like - and if you are not forced to wear the VR headsets on galactica then it's not "fully dedicated" at all.

It's down to the whole experience lending itself to virtual reality. Europa and Six Flags' offerings are just roller coasters with the optional extra of VR (which of course, Galactica is), however their VR films have nothing to do with the ride itself. Galactica's theme is based on the VR, which makes it dedicated compared to the rest.

Has anyone that has looked into/been on the other VR coasters managed to come up with how Galactica is "fully dedicated" and the rest aren't? I can't imagine what exactly a coaster partially dedicated to VR would even be like - and if you are not forced to wear the VR headsets on galactica then it's not "fully dedicated" at all.

Apparently it's because VR is available on every seat, rather than just the back 10(?) seats on Alpen-Express at EP and Pegasus. It's such a pointless claim that it brings ridicule on the whole project. Like James said, if they'd just stuck to marketing the VR then they could have geared the marketing towards how awesome that is instead of being the first all the time like some 12 year old in a youtube video's comments

Question for anyone who has been on it. How many staff are actually working on the ride? Is there one per row on each side of the station? Are there still staff batching people into the bays and is there still staff members at the split points and the entrance.

Just curious.... I mean is this why we have seen other attractions closed, because Galactica is such a heavy burden on staff?

This morning they put up a new video on their YouTube channel titled "The Making of Galactica". There were already several comments stating it was 'just Air'.

This has since been deleted and reuploaded as "Galactica - the making of Alton Towers Resort's brand new ride experience".

Is it possible they are now only just starting to realise their marketing has been entirely misleading?

Question for anyone who has been on it. How many staff are actually working on the ride? Is there one per row on each side of the station? Are there still staff batching people into the bays and is there still staff members at the split points and the entrance.

Just curious.... I mean is this why we have seen other attractions closed, because Galactica is such a heavy burden on staff?

I've been told (during my visit on Monday) that they need 14 staff per car , that is 1 staff per row and a couple of extra staff :eek:

:eek:

So 14 per station, plus the actual ride ops, people on the gate and enough staff to cover for breaks are we looking at over 30 staff members?

Jeez...

If there wasn't this VR business, then I bet half of the closed attractions would be open.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.