• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Indeed, during the day I was told that the gates were never actually shut but it appears that was incorrect and they did actually turn people away.

:)

To be fair Towers wouldn't have felt the need to put any kind of prebooking plan in place since they don't ever reach capacity!

Of course perhaps they should have thought of that baring in mind they cut a day of fireworks and were the only Merlin park still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Alton Towers Resort is bringing all of the fun from CBeebies Land to the Hamleys Christmas Toy Parade!http://socsi.in/weKGz #HamleysParade

The Alton Towers Resort is bringing all of the fun from CBeebies Land to the Hamleys Christmas Toy Parade!http://socsi.in/weKGz #HamleysParade

Following the parade, the CBeebies Land Showtime Dome located in the CBeebies Village will be bursting with activities and live shows for you to come and see. Timings will be available from a CBeebies Funstar on the day, the below events will be on rotation from 12:30 – 4pm.
Zingzillas Live Show
Hey Duggee Live Show
Captain Barnacles
Postman pats van
Mr Blooms Veggies

I'm not sure where to put this but because this is 'Alton Towers General Disscussion' I'll put it here.

I found this model of The Smiler on TPR's Instagram, I'm suprised It's existence is being acknowledged!
In terms of ride design, It looks almost spot on apart from seat designs modified, could we see this happen on the actual ride?

I'm not sure where to put this but because this is 'Alton Towers General Disscussion' I'll put it here.

I found this model of The Smiler on TPR's Instagram, I'm suprised It's existence is being acknowledged!
In terms of ride design, It looks almost spot on apart from seat designs modified, could we see this happen on the actual ride?

Yeah, that was shown at IAAPA 2013 and 2014 I believe once the ride had opened

b20ylp4icaao4i_.jpg

smiler_0.png
thumb_bzcxcmhiaaaimol.jpg

Pictures credit to TPR

Didn't know where to mention this, but at fireworks it smelt like the smiler had brand new padding on the restraint - literally no smell at all, and they looked cleaner than usual too. Shame it took them until the last weekend of the season to sort it.

(Edit: actually, could this suggest that they did have the new train on the track? it was much smoother than normal)

Didn't know where to mention this, but at fireworks it smelt like the smiler had brand new padding on the restraint - literally no smell at all, and they looked cleaner than usual too. Shame it took them until the last weekend of the season to sort it.

(Edit: actually, could this suggest that they did have the new train on the track? it was much smoother than normal)
I'm pretty certain the new train was in use over scarefest and fireworks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we can also assume then the park is opening on the 27th of March and will be closed every Wednesday in April and May, except during the school holidays.

Also as AstroDan said in his letters to Merlin, this pricing strategy is ridiculous, if you charge people £50, they expect a product worth £50, even if you actually paid £30 or less. Would be far better to price at £35, with £10 off as a discount offer.

I imagine they will open on 25th March as it's always been a Saturday before. It would be odd if they opened on the Monday, although I guess stranger things have happened.

And yes it looks like closed days have reduced for next season with Wednesdays being the only midweek closure days so that's some good news.

I only visit using the two for one vouchers, making that £26.40 for a visit. The only time that strikes me as good value is Scarefest.

(first post) hi , i think either gloom wood or the x sector should get an extension which replaces cloud cuckoo land because it should be themed for an older audience (duel should shut for a year for towers loving care as well)

(first post) hi , i think either gloom wood or the x sector should get an extension which replaces cloud cuckoo land because it should be themed for an older audience (duel should shut for a year for towers loving care as well)

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

I agree that Cloud Cuckoo Land needs some investment to re-position it to a wider family audience as it very much feels like a redundant area of the park at the moment.

Unfortunately there is no room to extend X-Sector and they would struggle to obtain planning permission to build anything else around Gloomy Wood due to its proximity to the gardens.

I do feel that Duel is in need of TLC but it will sadly never receive the investment needed to bring it up to scratch under the current park owner/management structure.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.