• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
With the Blue Peter badges, did you have to have something else (i.e like a certificate to prove it's yours) to get free entry into the park with it, or would the badge just do? I ask because I've just had a look on eBay and the badges are about £3, so if it's just the badge, it could seem like an easy way to gain free entry .
I believe there is an ID card that comes with it. :)

Reactions: Ted
Apparently so. I've not had anything to do with it since it moved to Manchester though.

I don't think the Blue Peter badge thing is as big of a deal as it's being made out to be but Merlin should have known this would get bad press so the timing is hardly ideal. Surely it would make more sense to do this in the middle of the closed season?

:)

Looks like this Friday will be the last ERT for this season :mad: Alton have left it late to announce this on their website, I was fully aware that we would be losing the ERT for the events. Fast track ticket will be given to hotel guest which are valid up to 12 noon. :rolleyes: Anyone who is planning to visit or has already booked a stay at the resort for the non event days are not going to be happy.

I just hope that they are not just testing the waters here for the whole of next season :(

http://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/extras/early-ride-time/

They won't be.

This is normal and has been the case for some years - there wasn't ERT in the quiet days between Scarefest and Fireworks historically.

My only thought through this entire discussion...

Blue Peter's still going?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's nothing like it used to be... It's only on a couple of times a week if that.

I don't know if this has been notice or mention on here (Sorry if it has already been discussed). Over the weekend, I notice that the right hand side of Oblivion brake run has been modified. They have added holes in the flooring to accommodate temporary fencing which I presume will be use for evacuation to save using the harnesses. This should speed up evacuation.

Its a modification that is on the smiler. Also i spotted a piece of access equipment has appeared in the smiler pit

Posted on Tower Times FB page

https://www.facebook.com/towerstimes/?fref=ts

"Alton Towers have announced that this year’s Fireworks Spectacular will celebrate the launch of Galactica, with the show taking guests on an intergalactic adventure on the world’s first space ship designed for thousands of people.

The 20 minute displays on the 5th & 6th November will see fireworks, special effects and lasers set to a soundtrack of space-themed music.

Will you be visiting the Resort for what promises to be an out of this world end to the season?"

Has any one got a picrure of the sign showing the hotels cristmass cocktails from last year? I went back and checked last years general tread but the image was no longer there.

Anyone else suffer from really stiff thighs in the days after a park visit, felt like my restraints were really jammed down this time, espacially on Galactica and The Smiler! :D

Anyone else suffer from really stiff thighs in the days after a park visit, felt like my restraints were really jammed down this time, espacially on Galactica and The Smiler! :D

It depends on the ride operator, some of the staff don't know their own strength :eek:

This is why I always puff my chest out or legs up when they test the restraints, I then relax which gives me some breathing space in-between the harness and myself ;)

Removed a few posts that aren't really adding to the disucssion here, let's remember to try and stay on topic please.

Thanks!

:)

rPeOdPD.png

Try to book a room and the first day bookable is the 24th so presume yes the first day of season is the 25th

I fast forward to Saturday the November the 4th 2017 on the hotel booking dates and tried to see what happens when I select 2 days park tickets. A window pop up and says

The main theme park will be closed 5th November 2017. The water park will remain open. Guest staying over these dates will have one free day in the waterpark instead of the main theme park

That means the park is closed on the last Sunday of next season. So what does this mean? Fireworks on Saturday only next year? Maybe fireworks on the Friday and Saturday or that this year will be the last year for the fireworks for the foreseeable future?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.