• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I loved the Haunted House, but never really rated Duel.
What about a family launched coaster in the Duel shed?
Lots of bunny hops and near misses around the old scenery, keeping the slow roll through the station for fast loading and unloading with similar lap bars.

The only way Duel will get investment is if (or most likely when) they bring in an IP and do a cheap re-theme. My guess is Ghostbusters since they have used that IP in one of the European Merlin parks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Duel was closed for 'TLC' in 2017 to make up for the re-opening of Hex. Gotta keep those costs down remember.

The only Duel retheme I want to see us back to the Haunted Mansion which fits better into the small area minus nitrogenie.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if Duel was closed for 'TLC' in 2017 to make up for the re-opening of Hex.
Love this sentence. While at most theme parks you might think that a ride is closed because the tlc is taking longer than closed season for some reason, this is our expectations of the "UK's biggest theme park", where they have to "make up for" reopening a ride by closing another.

I wouldn't mind seeing something happen in gloomy woods. correct me if I'm wrong, but at one point they did plan a family coaster in the area, didn't they? perhaps they could make use of the area behind duel that is currently used for storage. I still want them to keep duel though. even in its current state it's better than most ghost trains. I'm sure if they did a little work on it, fixing the broken effects, and maybe adding a couple more new ones, it would still be considered a great dark ride.

Last edited:
There possibly was going to be a Vekoma motorbike coaster themed to witches, plans were on the internet, not sure if it was real though.

I've got a feeling that was a hoax. Could've been half-decent, though.

I don't think it was a hoax, but I do think they would have struggled for planning permission to build in the woods. Its a shame as would have been a much better coaster than Rita if they got the near-misses with trees right.

RIP The Blade ?
Cywu3hmWgAE8MpU

Flat rides at Towers are often disassembled during closed season. Submission and Enterprise used to be every year. This could just be routine maintainnence.

Really hoping this is extensive maintenance as the loss of another flat is not what the park needs, leaving just Enterprise as the last thrilling flat.

It would be great if we saw these replaced with updated models, but sadly can't see this happen from a company that see's every new investment needing to bring in guests ( rather than improving the lineup).

Outside of the coasters and Beeb land, Towers is mostly limited to two wet rides, two dark rides at most (assuming NST & Charlie remain closed), a chair swing tea cups and transport ride.

Even Chessington has better supports now (which is something I thought I'd never say), let alone other major parks too.

So if sub terra doesn't open that's an area gone from 5 rides to two in a couple of years. Do they need planning for a flat there though, hopefully they could surprise us but I doubt it.

Facebook visitor post and reply 3 hours ago

"Hi Alton Towers, I see you have dismantled The Blade. Please could you explain why you have taken the decision to remove yet another flat ride? It appears that you are removing a ride a year now. It also seems that although there is less and less to do at the park, you constantly keep increasing prices for entry. Can you please justify this matter? Thank you."

Alton Towers "Hi Dave, Blade is dismantled like this every closed season as part of the extensive annual maintenance program that takes place at the Resort."

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.