• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
IMO there are 2 possible reasons for the stall, first not enough power, second for whatever reason the fins flew up to stop the train (first reason the fins would of stayed down).

As posted on TowersStreet's Facebook, Rita appears to have stalled this morning:

12923362_1044497822287328_5590938111467091654_n.jpg

944334_1044497895620654_4759296310701047219_n.jpg

12920318_1044497878953989_3001303237394316563_n.jpg
were any riders onboard at the time?

It was during the morning tests, so no passengers were on the ride.

Ridetimes is showing the ride as open so whatever caused it, it doesn't seem to have been major.

Side note - when I went a few weeks ago we were queuing for thirteen when we heard an awful scraping sound coming from one of the trains on rita as it was going round with no one in, does anyone know perhaps what that could've been? The train was travelling very slow too.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Ridetimes is showing the ride as open so whatever caused it, it doesn't seem to have been major.

Side note - when I went a few weeks ago we were queuing for thirteen when we heard an awful scraping sound coming from one of the trains on rita as it was going round with no one in, does anyone know perhaps what that could've been? The train was travelling very slow too.

maybe it was the part that hooks onto the catch-car scraping on the track?

As with highly techical system like rita, there are many reasons for what been seen this morning. Train fault, accumulator pressure dump, a simulated issue to test procedures? Etc

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

I heard the same sound last Friday while walking the Th13teen queue, by the time I got off and round to Rita, she was closed.

I visited on the 22nd, Rita was only running for 1 train after about half 11. Pretty sure it was two but then closed for a while to take off the second.

Edit: To clear any ambiguity, I'm assuming it is the same train that makes noises/stalled/was taken off. I doubt it being a quiet day was enough reason to have it on just the one.

Last edited:
Change of subject but can anyone explain why the theme park is closed on tue and wed the week after next when my children are off school on Easter hols???? as are a lot of other children in the north west. Very disappointed!!! seems silly to close midweek during school holiday period. Who makes these silly decisions?

So..... kids off school and parents want to take them out and spend some money. I know lets close so they have to go somewhere else!!! That's what I call business sense!! Perhaps the guys making these decisions are the runners up off the apprentice!!

So..... kids off school and parents want to take them out and spend some money. I know lets close so they have to go somewhere else!!! That's what I call business sense!! Perhaps the guys making these decisions are the runners up off the apprentice!!
there are plenty of other great theme parks that you could visit- i highly recommend Drayton Manor!
http://draytonmanor.co.uk/

Crazy!!! I only discovered this when trying to book a break for the Wednesday that week and noticed park is closed!! Ive emailed Alton towers but just got some automated reply regarding appreciating my feedback!! What are they thinking??? I understand the closing week after but during school holiday?????

Crazy!!! I only discovered this when trying to book a break for the Wednesday that week and noticed park is closed!! Ive emailed Alton towers but just got some automated reply regarding appreciating my feedback!! What are they thinking??? I understand the closing week after but during school holiday?????
Most school holidays end this week though don't they?

Alton do not think of checking when school out side of Staffordshire are having holidays, to see if they are differences and act accordingly

Alton do not think of checking when school out side of Staffordshire are having holidays, to see if they are differences and act accordingly
Indeed - I've got friends who are teachers in Cheshire and Staffordshire, and Cheshire's holidays frequently differ from those of Staffordshire.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.