• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's not the maths of the thing, it is the blatant overselling.
To be fair, the Towers aren't the very naughty ones, that would be BPB and Thorpe.

On an average day, fastrack aren't the problem at towers. Vip passes are much worse. A ride can be walk on and it will still have people fastracking with vip passes. And why do they reserve the best row on nemesis for fastracks? Make them sit in the middle, I've waited.

They put disabled guests on the back, I think to keep it simple they put FT on the back as well (to keep it to only 1 row saved for exit people).

It's not the maths of the thing, it is the blatant overselling.
It is the maths of the thing. People make a lot of irrational, ill-thought out judgements about it.

To be fair, the Towers aren't the very naughty ones, that would be BPB and Thorpe.
Thorpe have capacity issues, for sure. Pleasure Beach have no way to implement Speedy Pass properly, so have opted to deliver it poorly.

Towers Fastrack is well handled now. Not like years back where there were staff left right and centre mass selling Fastrack tickets which caused a lot of problems.

Some parks still oversell. PortAventura being one example of how not to do it.

"Dine in our Rollercoaster Restaurant on 6th Sept from 6pm & ride Galactica for free"

Guess that's one way to loose your dinner :p

Where did you see that?
On AT Twitter account today. :)
qIge3iF.jpg

A trade driver for the restaurant during the September quiet period no doubt.they should do this every night.

Maybe they won't. It's a long way to go to just ride galactica, so they may not see it as an issue. The only alternative I can think of is if they open the doors between galactica and RCR and you enter that way, or they give out passes when you order.

I know they've kept it open a park days (seen it going round late with people on) We can actually get night rides on it as well if you chose not to wear the headset.

How do they stop people who aren't booked into the restaurant coming in just for Galactica?
probably have security on the gate checking your restaurant booking.
cant see it being that busy tho, feel sorry for the ride hosts that night, stood around doing nothing, just waiting, hoping someone will come and want a quick ride

Can you ride before you eat? Then you could book a table, ride on Galactia and not bother turning up! Free!

I see The Smiler has hit the tabloid headlines again today... A train appears to have stopped on the vertical lift.

The first two lines are as follows, they obviously had to add the second line in to remind everyone of the previous incident.... Oh and for a bit of drama.

"The Smiler rollercoaster at Alton Towers became stuck today - with riders trapped in mid-air for an hour.

The riders were stranded on the rollercoaster in Staffordshire which only reopened in March, nine months after an accident which left five people with serious injuries."

yeah i was just looking to see what was going on as i heard there was an issue big enough to make the news, oh wait its just the gutter press picking fault with everything yet again. Still dont think id like to be stuck on the vertical lift at all never mind for an hour!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.