• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Also, Feb Half Term is returning next year. :)
Has the lineup been announced? I like being able to go to towers for my birthday, hope the lineups better than christmas last year otherwise I might try West midlands safari park instead.

And the park did advertise FHT last year, they just never opened rides. The event did technically happen though.

Has the lineup been announced? I like being able to go to towers for my birthday, hope the lineups better than christmas last year otherwise I might try West midlands safari park instead.
I don't believe it's been announced yet - that'll probably happen after Fireworks, if it does end up going ahead.

I don't believe it's been announced yet - that'll probably happen after Fireworks, if it does end up going ahead.
Thought so. Hoping for nemesis, oblivion, galactica, and maybe rita, but I don't see that happening (they've all opened before I think, though on different years). Just something better that Christmas lineup, and I'll go. As people have said though, I'm not convinced the park will open. Depending on the success of their FHT last year (special event in the hotel), I can see them going for the same.

They begun advertising it before the cuts last year, and with not knowing whether The Smiler would be open by then, and work on Galactica there wasn't really a choice, as they usually seem to keep Rita/Thirteen closed, and theres only 2 other thrill coasters left, only on opposite sides of the park. It's Spinball, Cbeebies land and Mutiny bay I'd say for the ones which will most likely open, and a choice between CCL and X-Sector, or RMT, Nemesis, Galactica and possibly Duel. They seem to only open one side of the park, and if rides do open, I think it'll stay that way and considering The Smiler can be a bit iffy with weather, I reckon we'll see Nemesis, RMT etc.

Thats an interesting development, it sounds like a Center Parcs.

How far away is this from AT?

As in they'll be £15 from October onwards and into next season if I renew my PMAP next year?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

"On the 13th October 2016 we will be launching our 2016/2017 Merlin Annual Pass terms and rates"
  • Privilege Pack containing exclusive lanyard, cardholder, Pop badge, three £5 off Fastrack vouchers for one use at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, THORPE PARK Resort and Alton Towers Resort; and three ‘Share the Fun’ vouchers (Bring a friend with you for £15).
Thats how I read it yes

Regarding that holiday camp development.

The proposals, by Laver Leisure, includes 250 holiday lodges along with a hub building which would include an indoor swimming pool, restaurant, bowling alley, spa, gymnasium, cinema room, cafe, children's play area, shop, climbing area, reception area and a climbing wall.

Take notes Alton Towers.

These planning limitations at Towers are going to kill it off as a top class theme park, therefore leading to lower visitor numbers. This coupled with budget cuts after the Smiler incident etc the future doesn't exactly look bright. It's hanging on at the moment, but that's about it, hanging in there. A lot of ambition and money needs to be thrown at the problem. I don't think that this new woodie is the answer. Alton is falling behind.

Love or hate Merlin, if Towers wasn't owned by a massive company like them it may have very well closed by 2020 with two reasonably poor seasons money wise.

I would respectfully disagree with the fact that it could have closed by 2020, as I think that another company would jump in as the Towers is such a strong brand (just my opinion). However, if it were to close its theme park operations on site, I think I could live with it. It's just a frustration these days. Rides not open that could otherwise be operable, new attractions being underwhelming due to strict planning laws, poor budgets for existing rides and staff. I wouldn't be too upset if things got really drastic and the land went back to just being a beauty spot. If it wants to be a top attraction, it should act like it, otherwise hand it over to someone, or something else. Lately this British institution is just becoming pathetic for what it is purporting to be. Make or break time isn't too far away. Too much competition nowadays.

Love or hate Merlin, if Towers wasn't owned by a massive company like them it may have very well closed by 2020 with two reasonably poor seasons money wise.
I'm sorry but if the park was family owned and still had the same visitor numbers and prices, etc it would definitely not be closed. Yes it's quieter than seasons before the accident but the park is still making a massive turnover compared to other parks in U.K.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.