• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Any idea when it's reopening? Might be going Sunday. Won't be too disappointed if it's Closed - managed nine months without it.

There was grinding sounds coming from the building (no idea which part) at 3 I don't think it will be open tomorrow.

Didn't they learn their lessons from Sub-terra? Don't fix what ain't broke :p

The Smiler is still closed, even though the park stated it would be open today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will reopen today. Fingers cross

On another note, if my memory serves me correct, aren't Alton back in the high court today for their sentencing. I hope they are not fined too heavily.

Didn't they learn their lessons from Sub-terra? Don't fix what ain't broke :p

Hopefully it will reopen today. Fingers cross

On another note, if my memory serves me correct, aren't Alton back in the high court today for their sentencing. I hope they are not fined too heavily.
Yes they are in court today.
It will be interesting to see what happens to them

Does anyone know why smilers got stickers on all the supports? Some of them have letters, some have numbers, and some have symbols. No idea why, only noticed them today.

They're measures for surveying. Not sure what they could be measuring, maybe monitoring the structural stability of the supports. We all know how much of a problem they've had with the foundations around that ride since 2013.

On that note I've never seen supports move as violently as some of The Smiler's so. Some supports look like they're ready to fall and take the track with it. Maybe they're meant to shake a lot (I know bugger all about these things).

Felt much worse today. First ride felt like it had square wheels. Second didn't feel as painful, but the trains vibrations felt like the thing was shaking itself apart. Nice to hear the audio fixed, maybe little too loud today but I'm not going to complain about that. Was duelling well.