• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
They had all the big 6 signs there before the crash, and now they've been replaced with the pre-big 6 signs (which I think were on a fence near the other end of the ride)
I might be wrong but I thought those fact signs have always been both at the shop and by the toilets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are people getting this whole, they were adding to hide the support? Nowhere has ever stated that's what they were added, the support is 100% meant to wobble like that and before the crash they had no reason to "hide it". So many people on this over think things massively! It's just extra theming/scenery.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Some people under think it.

It's funny it's been added there and around the concrete that's cracked.

Extra theming? Haha.

I've heard people complaining about the support no end of times, used to hear a lot of "oh my god is it meant to do that?!" and the staff were probably sick of explaining and reassuring that it's meant to have some give.

As for the cracked foundation that's pretty self explanatory.

The signs at the top of the site were added not long after it opened, and then a bit later they were put near the shop. They stayed till it crashed and we're all removed when the area re opened.

The big six sign was next to the other signs near the shop.

They have then returned recently, except any mention of the smiler game has gone, and also the Inoculator needle logo is just the smiler logo now, which is the same on the marmaliser.

I can't say I totally blame them for wanting to hide that support. All it takes is someone fame hungry enough to call the Mirror and report it and all Hell breaks loose.

But the sign has been there for years, I'm sure it's not to block the support, I imagine it's just a high footfall area as people leave the shop, just like the one at the top of the site as well.

But the sign has been there for years, I'm sure it's not to block the support, I imagine it's just a high footfall area as people leave the shop, just like the one at the top of the site as well.

That's what I thought. I just meant "if" they had wanted to hide it then I wouldn't blame them.

You can still see the support, those signs are not there to hide it.

:)

I noticed that the jazzy designs on the seat backs are now gone and replaced by safety information stickers. Have they been there for ages or is that a new thing for this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to ride the smiler twice on Sunday, and it seemed a little smoother than i remembered it, as for hiding the flexing supports, perhaps a little explanation as to why the supports flex would have been a better solution under Track facts

I managed to ride the smiler twice on Sunday, and it seemed a little smoother than i remembered it, as for hiding the flexing supports, perhaps a little explanation as to why the supports flex would have been a better solution under Track facts
Or not...